Chapter 5

*Hey! Just to warn you all that this chapter contains some mature scenes towards the end of the chapter. So young readers you have been warned! -Melissa*

I couldn't decide how I would turn this conversation around but before I have the chance Xander decides to speak up.

"Want to know something?" He asks and I nod wanting him to continue his thought. "When I first met you I thought you were just another pretty assistant who was incompetent at whatever I threw at you. But you proved me wrong. I know you think I don't notice you but whenever you would drop off your work I always noticed everything about you. Like what you wore and how you would be the one to leave me a cup of coffee at my desk every morning. And over the years of getting to know you, I've noticed..." He pauses before he continues, "I noticed that I was falling for you." He says and I'm stung by his confession. I always thought he never glanced my way or have feelings for me. I don't know what to say because he has said everything I wanted to hear.

"But you're married and there's no way you could ever want me," I say looking at his wedding band that he wears almost every day. I'm still in disbelief over his confession and I don't know if I should tell him how I feel because my mind keeps running wild.

"I thought you knew my feelings." He says and without notice, he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. For a second I'm in shock over her words. Have I been blind to notice he took an interest in me?

I then clear my throat and say "How can you say all of this even though you're married." I finally say in disbelief.

"I truly mean it, Natalia, you're the only one who is constantly on my mind." He says.

"But-" Before I get the chance to say anything, I feel Xander's lips crush mine. My logical instinct is to stop it but my heart has other plans. The taste of wine strike warmth throughout my body. My lips part for him as he slowly slips his tongue gently inside my mouth. As he's kissing me I feel the gush of hot fluid running down my body. As he continues, I sense his hands cupping the side of my face and without thinking my hands start to wrap around his neck wanting more. We're soon out of breath but he continues to kiss my neck and jaw giving me time to breathe. Seconds later Xander is pulling me onto his lap with my legs draped over him. His hands move to my waist keeping me in place and my hands move to his collar but my mind drifts to Olivia. The thoughts of what I'm doing to Xander, kissing a married man make me start to pull away from his touch.

"What's wrong?" he asks looking at me confused.

"We can't do this." I say out of breath, "You're married. Remember?"

"Yes but I want you." He says and his words alone send shivers through my body. "Look, I know you have reservations but I really do mean what I said to you earlier."

I look away from him to try and focus for a second. I know what I want to do with him but I feel guilty about it. Noticing my silence he takes his hands away from my waist and places them on my face making me look at him.

"I want to believe me I do but you're married and I don't want to come in between that," I say looking at him.

"Then don't overthink." He says it like it's easy. Sensing my thoughts he starts kissing me again and this time I don't pull away. His lips on mine ignite the fire that I put out a moment ago. I feel all common sense lost in our small space on the couch.

Once again I find my arms wrapped around his neck and his arms are back on my waist. As his kisses burn coal to my fire, I feel a sudden desire for more. I tug at his shirt collar indicating my urge. Sensing my need Xander slowly trails kisses towards my neck and says in my ear.

"Why don't we continue this in my bedroom?"

"Yeah," I say in a ragged breath. We both get up from our spot on the couch and walk upstairs to his bedroom. He leads me towards two double doors and once I'm inside I'm once again amazed.