chapter 14

The next morning, I get up and head to the kitchen to eat, as I'm making oatmeal and brewing some coffee I hear Trina get out of her room. I turn towards her and she is dressed in her robe with her hair is in a loose bun just like mine was. 

"Morning Trina!" I say grabbing her attention.

"Morning Nat, when did you get home?" She asks.

"I got back around 10. I have a lot to talk about." I say.

"I bet, but first let me get some coffee," she says while grabbing a mug out of the pantry and pour herself some from my brew.

When Trina is done getting her coffee and some cereal I begin filling her in on the events that happened the other day. When I told her about my visit to my family's house she agreed that my response was justified and that I had a right to be angry at my own father. After all, giving his own daughter away to an older man was completely wrong. I then tell her Xander and I hung out at his place for dinner. I left out the part where we had sex in my room because that was a private moment between him and I. Trina was glad that my day wasn't completely ruined. I eventually tell her that I agreed to meet Xander again for today to hang out and I ask for some opinions on what to wear for my so-called "date" with him. Trina is more than happy to help with my outfit for today which is normal at this point. Besides me going on with my family drama and night with Xander I ask her about her day to which I learned she ran all over downtown going to each appointment and running errands like a madwoman. I applaud her for her patience for everything she had to get through the other day. I look up at the clock and notice that I should start getting ready. 

"Come on, let me see your options." She commands and I lead her to my closet.

About an hour later, Trina and I come to a decision over what I should wear. We decide on some light washed skinny jeans, a simple white structured button-down blouse with short sleeves. For my shoes, I stuck with comfort but Trina insists on style. As a compromise, we decide on some flat ankle boots that I could last hours of walking in. For my makeup, she keeps it light and simple. As for my hair, she styles it half up and half down knowing it's going to be a little windy today.

When I'm done getting ready, I say my goodbyes to Trina and promising to give her a detailed summary of my date with Xander. Before I head out my phone is flashing with a message from Xander letting me know that he is downstairs waiting for me. With excitement, I quickly head downstairs towards the lobby. Through the windows of the lobby, I see Xander's Tesla parked outside on the curb by my building. 

When I get inside Xander's car I notice that he is once again dressed casually like he did the other day.

"Hey, Nat." He says and I'm taken aback from his use of my nickname. "What?" He asks as I buckle my seatbelt.

"You called me by my nickname. I only reserve that for friends and family." I confess.

"I believe I've earned the privilege." He says.

"I guess so," I chuckle. "So where are you taking me today?" I ask as Xander pulls out of my building. 

"A place everyone in this town has visited." He says. I can only wonder the possibilities of where he could be taking me. Our drive doesn't take long and before I know it I can assume where we are headed towards. 

"Pier 39?" I ask as Xander pulls into a private lot that has a valet service.

"It's just a stop," Xander says as he gets out of the car for the valet worker. Xander opens my door before I get the chance to open it. I look at him in surprise because no guy has ever opened my door. I thank him and we walk towards the pier. As we get towards the entrance Xander stops me midway.