𝕋𝕨𝕠

"Cats are actually lactose intolerant," Bilee hummed opening the cupboard door

"Cats are actually lactose intolerant," Bilee hummed opening the cupboard door. She froze, letting her eyes dance across labels until she came across the item she wanted, "and this poor creature is probably starving."

She turned to face the boy. His lanky figure nearly swallowed the kitten's body whole as he cradled it into his chest. Bilee couldn't stop herself from drinking him in slowly. That sleek black hair, chocolate-colored eyes, and devilish smile was enough to make anyone falter. And once again, her heart showed signs of longing. Pulling the blood to her face, making her cheeks warm to an uncomfortable red. She cleared her throat and turned to open the can.

"Tuna?" Lavender swelled up in the room like smoke. 

"I think she's old enough to eat it on her own," Bilee muttered cranking the can open, "the liquid in the can will hydrate her for now, but we should also set out water just in case-"

"Bilee, why didn't you wake me? I've almost overslept, I-" Orange waves funneled down the hall as Seren came swaying into view. Her long dark hair was tossed up neatly in a towel turban, and she wore her favorite light blue robe with silver butterflies. She didn't seem to notice the boy as she sashayed into the kitchen. She simply yawned and opened the fridge. "Honestly, you look like hell, yeah? We're supposed to leave for college in a minute and you haven't even showered. How are we supposed to make a good impression when you reek? Think of the boys, Bilee-"

"Ah, hello." Lavender's voice stopped Seren mid-sentence. "Boy here. Maybe I should go?"

"Bilee, you mean to tell me there's an actual living, breathing boy in our house?" Seren slammed the fridge shut with a loud thud. In her hand, she held a half-full container of orange juice. Her face dripped with amusement as she popped off the lid and took a long, slow, swig.

Bilee could read her sister's mind. And she hated herself for the way the situation must look. Her, in only a long blanket. A handsome boy at her side with a tiny cat in his arms. Seren's imagination was naturally running wild, picturing every dirty scenario that may have played out if she hadn't appeared at the exact moment she did.

"Uh, this is my sister, Seren," Bilee introduced, "Seren, this is-" She paused. Turned. And felt her brows bunch up awkwardly. "I'm sorry, I don't know you."

"Freddie," he grinned, "I'm Freddie. Pleasure to meet you, Seren. And-?"

"Bilee." 

"Ah, Bilee. Right." He rocked back on his heels and gave a dull nod. Hesitatint for a second before smacking his lips to speak again. "This may sound weird, but I think I've been in your house before."

"Oh?" Seren's orange voice shimmered with strings of gold as she placed the juice back in the fridge. Bilee's face burned brighter. 

"Yeah, like a long time ago. Do you have an older brother?"

"Pepper?" Holy shit, she was right! This was the same boy as before.

"Yeah, yeah! Pepper." He chuckled and the color in his voice lightened up just a bit, reminding her of all those years ago. "We're neighbors, we all use to play together when we were kids. Do you remember me?"