Daily Duties to the Queen

She was rushing. Impossible, right? Not really, no. Emi had gotten to distracted in taking care of Akio that she totally forgot about her patrol duties. She left the clueless human child behind her and rushed to her post. Oh, if Lacus finds out, he'll surely make a mockery of me...she thinks to herself as she quickly reaches her destination. It was an abandoned town, most likely housing a few stray children, but they were far from her cares. All she cared about is if anybody passed here and saw her missing. Finally René and Lacus arrive as well.
"Hmm, seems like you're on time? Though you look quite exhausted, might I add." Lacus chuckles, his crimson eyes setting on Emi.
"Seems like you're late though. I think you owe me?" She retorts, putting her hand out, as Lacus pouts.
"Awww~ Can't it wait?" He asks, earning a 'no' from Emi. "Damn." The violet haired vampire pulled out a small bit of money, placing it in Emi's hand. She snatches it gratefully.
"That's what you get for making a bet with me of all people~" She adds, earning a playful glare from Lacus. Her red eyes glance at René, his back turned towards them as he looked around. She giggles.
"Seems like we should get to work, Shall we?" She questions Lacus, earning a stifled laugh and a nod.
"You two are idiots..."