Chapter 9

Once I was done eating and stuff I limped awkardly outside and climbed a tree. I watched cars pass by and people riding their bikes. I climbed down soon after and started looking for somewhere quiet, like a thinking place. I saw an empty patch of grass where it was quiet. I limped towards the patch to just think. I took out the shiny thing from my pocket and starred at it. It had some words on it. I started reading it out loud, "The power that beholds in this rock must be cared for the ones who care." As soon as I stopped reading the rock started to burn my hands. I instantly dropped it as it started to shine. The light was getting bright. I crawled backwards as the rock was getting brighter. The rock suddenly went dim. I looked at my hands. Burnt and bloody. I walked up to the rock and stared at it. "I-Is that even p-possible?" I stuttered to myself. I shook my head and got up. "I-I can't give up now that I have this." I started talking to myself. I decided to go find more clues. I started limp running I guess you could call it. I stopped once I got to somewhere i've never been before. Same city, just different streets. I saw that it was getting dark, but I couldn't rest, not now. I started walking with the rock in my hand as I bumped into someone. I looked up to see it was Destiny. She didn't notice the rock or the blood. She started freaking out though, "What were you thinking running somewhere like that!?" She bent down and hugged me even though it hurt when she did it. "D-Destiny?" I asked. She looked down at me then noticed the rock. "Why would you have a....rock?" I looked away holding onto the rock firmly. She grabbed me arm and I screamed. Dang it I gave my cover away. Destiny looked at me with suprised as she heard me scream. "Is something wrong?" She looked down at me. I broke down crying and hugging her. She looked at me in confusion and pulled off my jacket gently. Then and there she looked up at me with so many questions she didn't need to say but she did. "What did you do to yourself!!!!!" She started yelling and she looked like she was on the urge of... crying?