✳️ Prologue ✳️

An intense atmosphere covered up the whole room, with Petir and Daun's brown eyes narrowed into slits at one another. A chilling aura can be felt around them, the seriousness between them remained. Everything around them was silent, with none of them dared to even start a normal conversation.

That's when...

Daun moved the white bishop chess piece near the black king chess piece of Petir.

"YEAH! CHECKMATE!" The leaf elemental exclaimed, making his big brother groaned in awe.

"How come you defeated me for five times in a row already?" Petir asked, shaking his head in disbelief while chuckling softly.

The leaf elemental giggling slightly. "Big brother Cahaya taught me how to play!" He said, smiling cheekily afterwards.

"Ah, freak him. Now he's playing favoritism with my little brother, huh?" He mumbled, pursing his lip. "He has his own though."

Petir got snapped back from his thoughts by his little brother crashing him into a warm, bear hug.

"Sorry for defeating you many times already..." Daun stated, looking up at him while pouting sadly.

The yellow capped boy heaved a deep sigh, smiling warmly as he patted his little brother's head. "No need to be sorry. It's just a game after all." He softly said, chuckling.

"Unless if it's a battle between me and that shiny brat." He muttered under his breath.

"What was that?"

"I said you won the bet. So, let's go and buy ice cream for you since you defeated me from playing chess." Daun's eyes sparked in excitement after hearing that response from his big brother.

"Okay! Let's go!"

<=> <=> <=>

While the two gifted elemental brothers were walking towards the ice cream stall, the surroundings around them were pretty quiet, and peaceful yet at the same time. The fresh breeze, the soft chirps of the birds, the leaves from the trees rustling, and the sun shining brightly as ever made their day uplifting.

Then, the lightning element thought of breaking the silence between him and his little brother as he started singing their favourite song while making their way towards their destination.

"I'm only one call away~"

This made Daun curved a wide smile and sang along as well, with him singing the second part of the song after his big brother.

"I'll be there to save the day~"

"Superman got nothing on me~"

Both of them then faced each other, with one of them formed a grin on his lips, while the other smiled more widely.

"I'm only one call away~"

All of the sudden, they heard someone called their name, making them turn around to look where the voice came from. Their eyes shot wide open when they spotted their friends from a distance, making their way towards them afterwards.

"Hey Petir, my man!" Cahaya greeted, grinning as he did a high-five with his lightning elemental friend, with the latter also giving a five to his water elemental friend, Air.

"Angin, Api!" Daun immediately wrapped his arms around his friends' neck, with the said people giggling from his action afterwards. "I didn't expect to see you guys here!"

"We neither!" Api replied. "Hehe, get it? 'Cause we didn't expect for you guys to be here as well." He added, as he laughed cheekily.

Cahaya shook his head and heaved a long sigh after what his little brother just said. "Api, that's not how..."

"What? It's true, right?"

The light element shook his head once more, chuckling softly as he pat his younger brother's head. "Well, I can't deny that, to be honest..."

"Where are you guys heading anyway?" Petir asked, glancing at each and every one of his friends. "Me and my little brother were just about to get some ice cream." He added, looking at Daun while smiling softly.

"Did he happened to defeat you again from a game called, 'chess'?" Cahaya asked, staring at his lightning elemental friend with a teasing smirk which he later on earned a light smack from the latter, making him grunted afterwards.

"That's what you get for teaching my little brother that game, and also for choosing him as your favourite little brother than your own little brother!" Petir huffed, scoffing.

"Wha—? Since when did I ever said your little brother's my favourite sibling?"

"Says the one who's been teaching him to play chess all this time."

"Ah, big brother?" Daun called as he chuckled nervously, interrupting the bickering duos' sudden commotion. "Why don't we just get some ice cream together? All of us?" He suggested, which made all of them, including the two to nod their heads in agreement.

"Alright! Come on!"

<=> <=> <=>

As soon as they reached the ice cream stall, the three older brothers then paid for the ice creams and lend one to their younger siblings.

The six of them enjoyed eating their tasty desserts, while talking with one another too as they licked their ice creams.

Suddenly, a person who passed them to buy an ice crean as well, caught Petir's attention, which made him stare at that particular person. His eyes widened while gazing at the figure, more like admiring that person so much and might've found himself grew fond with the latter.

That's when that certain person took a quick glance at him, meeting his brown eyes for the first time. Petir felt his heart pounded hardly the moment that person's eyes laid at his, his breath hitching as well at the same time.

A beautiful, lovely girl, who just happened to stole Petir's heart for just a day.

====================================

For your information, this isn't a 'Petir x reader' book/story.

Also, I hope you wouldn't mind if I added some few OCs of mine. Just two to be exact. ^^

Anyways, hope yall enjoyed this prologue!~ 💞