Chapter 4

JORDAN'S POV

~LUNCH~

I haven't made any new friends yet. Not much of a surprise. I never had friends in Washington. It was hard but my mom was always my best friend. She was the only one I had. Now shes gone.

I decide to sit at the end of a table alone and eat my lunch. I take out my ear buds and plug them into my phone. I put on How to Save a Life by The Fray.

I turn my music up loud enough so I cant hear anyone around me. I recognize some people from junior high. I was never friends with any of them.

I only had one friend in junior high. Jack Gilinsky. He lives in the house thats next door. I've heard over the year, he has gotten famous. He goes on tours with his; I dare say, very attractive friends.

A year before my parents got a divorce we got into what our parents called an "argument" and stopped being friends. Our parents didnt know the whole story. No one knows the whole story besides the two of us. The memory of it all still haunts me to this day.

I hoped not to run into him today. But, part of me wants to see him.

I come back to reality and feel something hit the back of my head. It hits me hard enough for me to grab my head in pain. I pull out my ear buds and stand up. I turn around and see a group of guys sitting on a table laughing. I look down at the floor and see that I was hit by a soda can.

I pick up the soda can and I start to walk over to them. "Oh my gosh!" I say in a clearly sarcastic tone. "You guys are hilarious! Maybe next time I'll laugh at your joke!" I say handing them the soda can. "Note the sarcasm."

A few of them get silent, then I hear, "you've changed haven't ya, JoJo."

My face went blank. JoJo. The only person who has ever called me JoJo was Jack.

I look to my left and see Jack. Tall and tan like always. Black hair with his chocolate colored eyes. His arms as big as my head in his white muscle tee and black jeans.

"Nd looks like you haven't changed. Your ego is still bigger then your head." I say back.

People start to crowd around. Great! New girl already known for picking a fight.

"Aw sweety. We all know my ego isn't as fat as you used to be." Jack said. He acts like he doesn't regret a word he just said. I used to struggle with my weight and Jack used to have to stand up for me whenever someone insulted me about it.

"Oh hun! I can lose weight, but you can't lose ugly!" I say as everyone around laughs. Who am I kidding, he is no where near ugly.

Jack's face started to look frustrated, "babe. Watch It. Or you'll have it coming for you. Just like you did four years ago. Oh! Remember that?"

Here comes the butterflies. He did not just go there! Calling me fat is one thing. But bringing up four years ago! Oh, this boy is pushing it.

"Bæ! Im not scared of your lil boy group. Y'all are just a bunch of douches that think they run the school." As I said that the bell rings. I turn around to grab my stuff. I feel something wet hit my butt. I look down and see someone had spilt water on my leggings.

The ammount of awkward stares I got for having the back of my leggings soaking wet is unreal. I finally arrive to my next class and take a seat in the back right corner.

Not paying any attention to anything around me. I feel tall male standing above me. I look up and see Jack.