CSKY CAMPS Part 1: Where it All Started

Prologue

There was a rustle in the bushes. She reached for her weapon, but her companion had already thrown a dagger towards the sound. A small woodland creature jumped in fright, and quickly scurried away. They both stared at each other.

"Guess we overreacted... again."

"We can never be too safe. We're lucky we haven't run into any real trouble yet."

They were both exhausted. They had been walking in the forest for days, with little to no rest. She looked up at the sky. Or, at least as much of the sky as she could see. The trees were protecting her from the sunlight, so she was at least grateful that the weather was temperate. She passed a sign that pointed to multiple directions and saw the distances posted. It would still be at least another two days on foot. Despite how much technology has advanced, she had to walk to her destination on foot. If she took the car, she could easily be tracked down and forced to return. She was definitely not used to walking so much. Her legs ached, and she felt like she could collapse at any moment. But, she knew she couldn't give up. Not when she had gotten this far. I have to find her. I know she's still alive.

Chapter 1

"We haven't gone there in weeks! C'mon, we have to go! You got to decide where to eat last time Yuna!"

"Ugh, fine but only because you actually got a decent grade on your exam for once Sonara."

The two girls had just finished training, and were about to meet up with their other friend Cyra. The three had been best friends since they were little, and had been training to become Hogoshas together in the (insert name here) academy.

"You guys are so loud I could hear you from inside." Cyra mentions as she walks toward the two rowdy girls.

"We're trying to decide where to eat to celebrate Myria and Seira officially becoming first years!" Sonara exclaims.

"Why don't you try asking them where they want to eat?"

Yuna and Sonara look at each other.

"Oh. Yeah, that's a good idea. See, this is why you're the smartest one, Cyra." Yuna says, laughing.

Cyra smiles. "Well, we should probably go find them. Where are they anyways?"

"I texted Myria but she hasn't responded. Wanna go look for them inside?" Asks Sonara.

"Yeah, let's go." Cyra says as she heads back to the school.

The Lethalium academy was massive, so it was easy to get lost if you were new. The academy trained people in order to become Hogosha, warriors who fight to protect their country Etheria. There were four classes of Hogosha, each one specialized to suit each individual's skill: Mages, Swordsman, Ninja, and Healers. Children who want to become Hogosha begin attending the academy at the age of twelve, and usually graduate at the age of fifteen. The students form a squad of three people of their own choosing consisting of one mage, one swordsman, and one ninja. Together, the team go on a variety of missions, in order to maintain peace and protect the citizens of their (country name). The academy is always kept in shape, the floors so clean you could walk barefoot without getting a speck of dirt on your feet. The walls were a gorgeous baby blue with several different murals of heroes that had saved their city Vyrium. But, in Cyra's opinion, the most striking feature of the academy were the windows. Specifically, the one in the main hall. It covered up most of one wall, and was mesmerizing to look at. It was made up of different colored glass, and because it was in the highest point in the school you could get a glimpse of the whole city, and the mountains surrounding it. Cyra has seen the window hundreds of times, and could still never get used to its beauty. She always gets a comforting feeling just by peering into it, and whenever she's in a dilemma she always goes to it to feel more at ease.