Escape, Lost Soul: ✧Chapter 3✧

"Ria, you can't go around telling people this stuff! We literally just met them!" The boy says frantically. She throws her arm around him and pulls him in closer to her.

"...And this worrisome boy is Caelum! It's nice to meet you all!"

She sounded like she didn't have a care in the world, or was aware of what was going on at the moment. Everyone just stood there for a few seconds awkwardly staring at them, unsure of what to say or do.

"Would you take off that ridiculous hood already, you're scaring them Cae!" Primoria yelled as she yanked off the boy's hood.

"Hey, what was that for! You know we're complete strangers to them right, of course they would be suspicious of us!"

"You're always acting so serious, you need to quit being so uptight! As long as we're nice to them, they'll be nice to us."

"You know, you really need to stop being so naive. I honestly don't know how you've lived this long with that kind of attitude."

The two went at it for awhile, going back and forth until Sonara finally broke the silence. By laughing. They paused their arguing and turned to her, looking perplexed. She thought it was so hilarious she actually started tearing up.

"You know, I was really skeptical about you guys at first but at least now I know there's nothing to worry about." She said between laughs.

Yuna was still suspicious, which was quite unusual. She was probably scared, because she didn't want to put the younger students at risk of being in danger. Although, they did just get attacked by a shadow demon.

Just to be safe, she whispered, "Listen, are you sure we can trust them? I mean, we don't know their motives. They could be planning something. You know there's been a lot of problems Paradignia's dealing with." It was strange seeing Yuna so anxious. But at least she was being cautious, and a little more practical than Sonara.

Seira walked forward, and joined in on their whispering. "I might be wrong, but I don't sense any malicious intent coming from the two. They just seem too... carefree. Although, I did just start the academy, so I really don't know much yet." She said hesitantly.

Although Seira was a first-year, she was exceptionally skilled in reading people and analyzing them. However, it was only one of her many talents. Of course, she still had a ways to go to become proficient in her skills but did have an upperhand since Sonara personally helped her and her sister train a little before officially becoming students.

"I guess we'll just have to find out."

Sonara walked toward them and put her hand out, smiling.

"It's nice to meet you both. I'm Sonara Ageashi."

Primoria lit up. "Wow, your horns are so pretty! I wish mine were like that. Maybe then people would take me more seriously." Primoria responded while petting Sonara's horns.

"I don't think that's why people don't take you seriously..." Said Caelum quietly, afraid of getting into another ridiculous argument.

"Uhh... thanks?" Blushing slightly, Sonara was unsure of what exactly she should've said.

Sonara was a Rendos. Everyone in their species looked predominantly human, except for their horns. They could be different shapes, sizes, or colors... but most importantly, they were the main source of power and energy for the Rendos. If they get cut off, they instantly perish. They weren't the only species that lived in Etheria other than humans. There were also Elves such as Yuna, Animas that were part animal people, and other species that mostly secluded themselves to certain regions of Etheria. Most Rendos live in the Southeastern region of Etheria, but Sonara's family moved to the capital when she was very young. Because she is one of the very few Rendos living in the capital, she often catches stares from others who weren't used to seeing people of her kind. Although she isn't outright discriminated against, she definitely wasn't used to getting a compliment for the one feature that makes her stand out from being "normal."

"Well, what are we still standing here for! Let's get out of here before another creepy monster shows up." Primoria says, trying to take the initiative.

"Alright, but we have a lot of questions to ask you." Yuna says, addressing the elephant in the room.

"Yes, I can tell. Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time to talk. Besides, I have a lot to ask you guys too." She answered, still smiling with that over-optimistic voice of hers as she didn't have a single care in the world. It must be nice, being so carefree. They would soon realize that she wasn't as carefree as they thought she was.