2. sunday girl

1978

"Quite your guitar playing, Julia! I can't hear my programme!" Yelled Aunt Mimi whilst sewing the girl's torn school uniform.

"Oh what a rambunctious scamp." Mumbled Aunt Mimi underneath her breath. "Just like her father."

Meanwhile in the upstairs bedroom where John Lennon has spent his youth another one was there, spending her youth doing the same as his, playing guitar and making art.

Julia was now a bright eyed teenager, wanting to hit the stage with her small band, "The Pointlessplays", also known as "Julia and the Lads" by a few locals.

Despite being the daughter of two very famous musicians (I'm sure you've heard of them) she was very independent and counted mostly on herself to get things done. She also barely even saw her parents so there was nothing to depend on in the first place.

Sometimes she feels saddened that her parents couldn't visit her as often and how she was forced to stay hidden. Julia now goes by Smith as a last name to avoid suspicion. This was all Brian's plan to bring the band more success.

Can't have a fag in the band, can we?

She doesn't blame them though. They did what had to be done.

The auburn haired girl now had naturally curly short hair and plump pink lips. She was a rather tall girl compared to all her fellow classmates. On her button nose, perched clear framed glasses that she only wore at home and with her bandmates.

Aunt Mimi had agreed on taking care of her and treated her with all the love she could give. Although strict at times, Aunt Mimi was the only person Julia actually felt affection towards.

Of course she admired her parents, but she never had a "parent moment" with them. Their visits were usually very fast. They'd stay over for dinner and chat about then leave.

Sometimes they bring Ringo and George but what difference would it make? It was just very awkward in general.

Julia frowned and left her guitar on the floral print bedsheets. Tonight, she was going to be performing live at a local bar.

She slipped on her favourite Peter Pan collar dress and put on her knee high socks. Her curls were pinned back neatly and she had done some light makeup.

Before leaving, she grabbed her guitar bag packed with her yellow Fender Musicmaster Paul had gifted her for her 13th birthday.

"Where are you going all dolled up, Jules?" Asked Aunt Mimi, standing in front of Julia in a defensive way.

"Just off to..." She can't tell her grand-aunt Mimi she was going to be performing in a bar with three guys. "...a friend's house."

Aunt Mimi gave her a side eye.

"Yup. I'm going to a friend's house Aunt Mimi. Specifically Clara Jones' house." Julia gave her grand-aunt a sincere smile Who even was Clara Jones?

After a moment of silence Aunt Mimi nodded towards Julia in approval. "I expect you to be home before 7 p.m as usual?"

"Yes! Yes! Of course!"

"Any later then that and you'll be grounded, understood?"

Julia nodded and gave her a hug. She then headed out the door and waved towards Aunt Mimi, not knowing tonight was going to be one of the most life changing moments of her life.