Confusion

It started with a phone call one early Saturday morning. Karlie had just returned from one of her morning runs when she received a incoherent call from Taylor. Taylor was sobbing and slurring so Karlie quickly told her she'd be right on over.

This early in the morning, no one was awaiting outside the building and a neighbor on their way out let her in. She paced the whole way up on the lift and sprinted down the hall until she was finally at Taylor's door.

"Taylor, honey it's me. Let me in." Karlie waited until she finally heard the locks unhinge. The door opened and was quickly enveloped in a hug by her shaking friend. She could small a hint of alcohol so she lead them into the apartment. Guiding Taylor to the sofa, she wrapped her in a blanket before going to fetch her some water and aspirin. Taylor, she knew, was a light weight and would most likely be sporting a pretty nasty headache pretty soon.

The kitchen was a mess with so many empty bottles, Karlie worried she might have to take her to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. She vaguely saw a frightened Olivia hiding behind the trash can. After locating the aspirin and a glass of water, Karlie returned to Taylor who had stopped crying.

"Here, drink these." She handed over the aspirin and water, taking a seat next to her. She wrapped an arm around her shoulders, rubbing one gently. "You wanna talk about it?"

Taylor shrugged off her arm and set the glass of water down.

"Please don't do that."

"Do what?" Karlie was a bit hurt and confused by the rejection. Taylor was like a cat and often liked contact. Karlie was used to random hugs and friendly cuddling. For Taylor to reject it scared Karlie. She wondered if it may have something to do with her.

"Nothing." Taylor whispered back before standing. She began to pace the room and Karlie began to worry more. Whatever it was, Taylor didn't want Karlie to know. And that hurt Karlie, she hadn't been friends with her long but Karlie felt like what her and Taylor had was closer than anything she's ever had. For Taylor to shut her out couldn't help but feed her fear of abandonment.

"It's not nothing. Taylor, tell me what's going on. You know I'll always be here for you. Whatever it is, let me help you." Karlie stood ready to catch her friend in a hug that she was sure would happen soon.

"Will you?" Her back was to her now and she couldn't see her face.

"Will I what?"

"Always be here?"

"Forever." Karlie didn't hesitate.

Taylor spun around, a look of determination and fright in her face. Karlie gave her a comforting smile and approached her slowly. But Taylor had other plans and Karlie was almost knocked off her feet as Taylor grabbed her face and brought their lips together. She froze as her best friend pressed her soft lips to hers and Karlie wasn't sure if she was enjoying it or if it was just natural instinct. Her heart beat fast and just as her eyes began to flutter close, Taylor stepped away.

Gasping like a fish, Karlie watched Taylor's eyes begin to water.

"I'm sorry." She choked out before she ran out the room.

Karlie heard a door slam close as her body finally defrosted and her mind began to process what just happened. Karlie found herself walking out of the apartment and it wasn't until she was laying on her bed that she realized she was home.

With a shaky hand, she pressed the tips of her fingers to her lip which still left a trace of Taylor's lips.

-
A/N: so the Kaylor hand holding this week inspired this little gem.

Thanks for reading!

What are your thoughts on Kaylor?

:)