Josuke Higashikata X Fem!Reader: Crushes

A/N: Requested by @Goddessinternal . In this story I will distinguish between first name and last name with Y/F/N and Y/L/N.

-

Josuke Higashikata was sweet, sensitive, caring, and kind. And he irked you to no end. Josuke had never been rude or cruel to you, quite the contrary. The boy offered up his affections to you daily. He offered to carry your books, buy you lunch, walk you home, and all other manners chivalrous acts.

But you were uninterested.

Perhaps it was that he tried so hard, or perhaps it was the dirty looks the other girls gave you. Regardless of the reason, the simple fact stood that you did not like Josuke Higashikata. At least, that's what you insisted.

Deep down you could not deny the small rush of heat you felt when the purple haired boy smiled at you. Or how your pulse quickened when he slung an arm around your shoulders. Or how your chest swelled when he looked at you with his puppy eyes. But your physical reactions to Josuke did not quell your annoyance by his pure sweetness.

Your opinion of Josuke changed forever on the day you almost died.

-

"Y/F/N-chan!" a familiar voice echoed through the halls.

You rolled your eyes as you looked up from your locker. You were greeted with the million dollar smile of Josuke Higashikata as he bounded down the hall toward you.

"Higashikata-san," you answered coolly.

His face fell.

"Y/F/N-chan," he whined. "How many times have I told you to call me Josuke?"

You thought for a moment.

"52? No. 53?" you said, teasing him.

"You enjoy wounding me," he said, sniffling.

You laughed and flicked your hair over your shoulder.

"Just a little bit," you said, holding up your fingers to show a tiny bit of space between your thumb and pointer finger.

He smiled and laughed, scratching the back of his head. You smiled as well.

"I made you smile," he said triumphantly. "I think I'm growing on you Y/F/N-chan."

"Not in a million years Higashikata-san," you said, flicking his perfectly styled pompadour.

He grumbled a little, swatting your hand away from his beloved hair. You had witnessed many a poor soul mock Josuke for his outdated hairstyle. But you knew very well he would never lash out at you.

"Yo Josuke!"a loud and raspy voice called from down the hall.

You both turned to look and saw Okuyasu waving at Josuke, Koichi at his side.

"Looks like you're being summoned, Higashikata-san," you said, turning to leave.

"Wait! Y/F/N-Chan, Josuke said, taking your free hand and holding it up to his face. "Will you go to lunch with me?" He asked, determination and hope in his purple eyes.

For a moment, you were lost. A pale pink powdered your cheeks as you looked at him. You quickly pulled your hand from his and turned on your heels.

"Not in a million years, Higashikata-san," you muttered once again.

But for the first time, you doubted your words.

-

"Josuke-kun is so dreamy," your fiend, Sayaka, gushed. "His smile makes me melt."