10

Jahaan

I was nervous.

It was 5 am exactly and I was staring out my cell window. Well, the shitty hole in the wall they called a window.

Today was the day, I was getting broken out of prison. My nerves were through the roof and to be completely honest I didn't wanna go through with this shit anymore.

What if Jaylah got hurt? I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

The atmosphere was weird. I know what you're thinking, I'm in jail so of course right? Nah.
I hadn't seen Davon nor Hendrix all day. I hadn't even seen locks stalking around, Something was up.

There was a lot going on in my brain at the moment. I had a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I really prayed that this shit went in our favor.

Jaylah

I groaned as I lay against the bathroom toilet. It was 7 am, and my stomach was not on my side. I had been throwing up since around 6 and I couldn't go back to sleep.

I was more anxious about today than I had ever been in my life. I couldn't back down now, it was too late.

Me, Bri, Kel and Deja were leaving my house for the prison at 5 pm. They had been talking to me about their doubts and I didn't blame them. We were putting our lives on the line.

I don't know what's gonna happen after today but hopefully, Jahaan is by my side.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs to see all of them up and sitting on the couch. The stairs creaked making them turn their attention towards me. They had worried looks on their faces, they just stared, nobody said a word.

"I got something on my face?" I looked back at them raising an eyebrow. Kel smacked his lips and chuckled. "You act like we not breaking a nigga out of prison today".  "My nigga" I corrected him. They all chuckled, shaking their heads in response. I walked over to them and took a seat next to bri. She looked distraught. "You aight?" I nudged her. She nodded but I knew something was up, I just didn't have time to ask. We had to prepare. I nodded my head and rubbed her shoulder before getting up and walking to the middle of the room.

"Alright" I said making them turn their attention to me. "We all know this about to be some shit, If y'all don't wanna do it no more I'm fine with that and I understand" I stood waiting for their responses.

"You telling me you think we bout to back out now? After all the shit we been through to get to this point?" Deja smacked her lips and shook her head. "Nah Jaylah, you ain't doing this by yo self. To late to back out now"

I sighed on the inside. Thank god, I definitely can't do this shit on my own. But she was right, it was to late. I hope Jahaan was still down.

Jahaan

It was now 5pm and the plan was for Jaylah to arrive around 11pm. I was getting more nervous when every hour passed.

I still hadn't seen davon,Hendrix or locks. I did notice the guard had been watching me rather closely. I felt like he was catching on to what was going on. I pushed the thought to the back of my head. I walked through commons, scanning the room for Davon and Hendrix and I finally saw them sitting at a table, and they were talking to locks. I quickly sat in a chair to face the other way so that they wouldn't notice me. I wasn't far from them so I tried my hardest to listen to what they were saying.

"did you do it?" Locks said.

"Nah man, we haven't had a chance to, barely seen the nigga" Hendrix responded

"well you need to, do it quickly because that nigga think he's getting out of here tonight and not us? Nah." Locks chuckled.

I leaned back forward. I heard all I needed to hear. Them niggas was plotting against me, I knew I shouldn't have tried to make friends in this bitch.

I had to talk to Jaylah and I needed to do it fast, ain't no telling what they have planned. I felt tears start to brim in my eyes, I quickly wiped them. This shit was too much, I just wanted my baby.

I looked up and saw the guard walking past my table.

"Crazy what people will do for love ain't it boy?" He chuckled and kept past me.