Opening up.

Rey woke early the next morning and lay for a while watching the sunlight dance across the ceiling. A vague memory of a dream floated into her mind then and the thought of it made her stomach flip. She had been dreaming about Poe. He had been kissing her. Rey closed her eyes and her hand rose up to touch her lips. What did this mean? Was it just because she saw Finn and Rose kiss or was this a sign to stop thinking about Ben, to let the past die as he had so often told her.

After she had washed and dressed Rey headed out into the sunshine. "Rey!". Rey turned and saw Rose walking over to her, her arm linked with Finns. They both waved and Rey smiled. She was happy for her friends but something about the connection they shared made her jealous and uncomfortable, 'because it reminds you of Ben' a voice in her head whispered before she pushed it away. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Rey asked as the couple reached her. Rose nodded, her round face lit up by a warm smile. "I have my medic here taking care of me so I feel good. Oh Rey, thank god you made it back. I hear you were fighting Kylo Ren at the Supremacy at the same time me and Finn were there. Gosh it's a miracle any of us survived!". Rey held up her hand, stopping Rose in her tracks, "I, Uh, I didn't fight Kylo Ren, he saved me". Rey watched Finn and Roses faces change, their brows furrowing. "Say what?" Finn exclaimed. "I went to the Sumpremacy because I had a vision. I thought I could turn Kylo Ren, I thought I could help us win this". It was Roses turn to step forwards now, her eyes narrowed "What sort of vision? Like a dream?". Rey was about to answer when she felt a hand land on her back. She turned quickly to find Poe stood there smiling at her. The sudden memory of her dream rushing back to her, her cheeks growing hot.

There was a moments silence and Poes eyes swept between the three resistance fighters standing in front of him, "Did I interrupt something?". Rey lowered her eyes to the ground hoping that the previous conversation would be dropped, she didn't feel ready to open up about her and Bens interactions, goodness knows what response she would get. Finally when no one spoke Rey looked up and met Poes eyes. "No, no you're fine, can we help you with anything?". Poes brow remained furrowed, his eyes darting between Finn and Rose as he answered, "Um yes actually, I was wondering if I could have a word with you Rey?". Rey's face coloured and she nodded quickly, pleased to be out of the conversation.

"Everything ok back there? Seemed a bit heavy?". Rey shook her head, "No problem, just discussing the fact that we're all lucky to be alive", Poe nodded then his eyes gazing off into the distance. They walked together in silence and soon they were leaving the base and heading across green fields. Suddenly Poe stopped and sat down. Rey looked at him, her brows furrowed and he tapped the grass next to him. Rey sat down, her knees tucked up under her chin, aware of her sudden proximity to him. For a moment no one spoke but then Poe cleared his throat. "Uh Rey, look I really would love the chance to get to know you. You seem like an amazing woman and I'm sorry if I frightened you off the other day but I, well I feel like if you're attracted to someone in the middle of all of this then really you have to let them know". Rey's eyes shot up to Poes face, he was attracted to her? The thought made her blush again and she quickly dropped her eyes. Poes hand on hers made her jump although she resisted the urge to pull it away. He squeezed her hand then and she took a moment to study his face. He was handsome she thought but he intimidated her. Something about the whiff of arrogance that surrounded him, she had little doubt that she wasn't the first woman he had said those things to. "What do you say Rey? Fancy getting to know this pilot?"