Chapter 62: The Orchards

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  It's been around a few weeks since I arrived back and everyone except Parsi and Arthur forgot about me, which was rather depressing. But other than that, life seemed pretty good since Arthur became the Holy King of Rome and such. He also publicly announced that I would be his future queen.

  "Miss Lucille." Lancelot bows to me as I passed him in the orchards. "How are you today?"

"I'm fine, thank you for asking." I looked towards his feet and saw the small porcupine from earlier. "Are you visiting your little friend today?"

  "How do you know that?" He looked at me in surprise. "I never told anyone about him."

  "I just know lots of things." I smiled back, and crouched down to feed the porcupine with some cherries.

  "Do you mind if we go get more cherries?" I asked him after the porcupine ate it all.

  "Of course not."

  We walked around and had quite a bit of small talk which I appreciated a lot. I heard some of the news that happened while I was gone like how Merlin was still not back and how Arthur was pretty much frantic to find me.

   As we made our way back to the entrance of the orchid, Arthur was waiting impatiently while leaning under a tree.

   "So you've been enjoying your time walking around, huh?" Arthur nods at Lancelot, who bows. "I've spent so much time looking for you."

   "Your Majesty, Miss Lucille, I'll be leaving first." Lancelot said and leaves, probably didn't want to disturb us while we have some privacy for once.

  "I thought you were busy, Arthur." I said and he gives me a back hug.

  "Is something wrong with just visiting you if I want to.?" Arthur murmured into my hair. "I feel completely drained and I came to charge up, but I see you talking to Lancelot."

  "You really do get jealous from everyone." I said and a sudden gust of wind blew and rattled the trees.

  "I'm sorry to disturb you both," The Brisha fairy appears above Arthur and I. "It's been some time since I last saw you guys."

  "It's a pleasure to see you again." Arthur replied, still hugging me possessively. "What brings you here?"

  "News from Merlin." She said. "He wanted me to tell you, King Arthur, to start finding the holy grail."

  "I've already sent someone to go look for it." Arthur said, and I realized something a bit weird about this situation.

  "Why couldn't Merlin tell us himself?" I asked her and she sighed.

  "Merlin is trapped in the Valley of Rocks because of the Yi Miao fairy." She said. "Merlin had always loved her and vowed to never use magic towards her, which brought him to this punishment."

  "He always mentioned me to tell this to you." She added. "He said all things must come to an end."

  I nodded and Arthur spoke.

   "I sent someone to go find the fairy in the Valley of Stones but it seems like she had disappeared." Arthur said. "Merlin is our teacher so I wouldn't like for him to be that way."

  "As well, I sent someone to go search for the Holy Grail." He said. "Sir Galahald is looking for it and after he finds it, all our problems will be solved!"

  "Sir Galahald..?" I asked and he blinked.

   "Ah, he's Kuai Shou." He said. "He recently became a knight after he slated a dragon and his name appeared on the dangerous seat at the round table."

   It seemed like the fairy had disappeared while we were talking so we missed our chance to say goodbye to her and thank her for the news.

  "But we are going to get married in a month." He kissed my forehead which I gave a small squeal to.

   "A wedding?" I asked and he nodded.

  "Yes, we will start to prepare it once Kuai Shou gets back." He nuzzled his nose against my head. "Just wait."

  "But, I'm also sorry." Arthur said, making me blink with surprise. "I really can't believe what I said to you, and it still makes me feel bad."

  "It's fine." I said and he shook his head.

  "It isn't because I know I hurt you mentally and physically." Arthur said. "I don't know how I'll make it up to you, but I will tell you that I'll try my best for the rest of my life to make up for it."

  "I'll be looking forward to that." I replied and he pulled me in for a kiss on my lips, which might've been one of our very last ones we'd ever have.

————————————————————

   Shorter chapter but the next one would be hella annoying but it is the last arc of the story. I'm like working on the epilogue rn and I'll try to make it nice-

  Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in the next chapter~!^.^*