BONUS: THE "FIRST" DATE

December 28th
7:01 pm

Dani stood outside of Sadie's diner, shivering her ass off while she waited for Luke. She had arrived about ten minutes early, which she instantly regretted.

She wore a sweater dress with leggings underneath, a pair of heeled boots (which her sister sent her for Christmas), and a warm winter coat, but even her coat wouldn't help her with this bitter weather.

Luke pulled up in his car exactly two minutes later, rubbing his hands together and he got out of the car and walked up to Dani. "Hey, sorry I'm late."

"You're only late by, uh," Dani looked at her phone, reading the time. "three minutes, but it's fine."

"How long have you been standing there?" Luke asked. He definitely noticed how long she was shivering, so he knew that she didn't just get there.

"Definitely not ten minutes." She lied, continuously attempting to warm up. "Don't wear too many layers" he said, what a mistake that was.

"Come on, let's get a table." He said, motioning towards the entrance.

•••

Luke and Dani sat across from each other, with Dani resting her hands on the table and Luke awkwardly resting his on his lap. They had already ordered their food, and they were now waiting for it to arrive.

"This is nice." Dani said, trying to ease the bit of awkward silence.

Yeah, this was awkward. They hadn't seen each other since Christmas, and honestly they didn't know how to act around each other. It was different when they were just friends, but now they're more than friends.

"Yeah, so did you get anything for Christmas?" Luke asked.

"My parents sent me a mini portable washer and dryer and then my little sister sent me these boots that I'm wearing now." She replied, then put her leg up a little to showcase her new shoes.

"They look painful to wear." He cringed. Sure, they were nice looking shoes, but Luke could only imagine the pain of wearing them.

"Who cares? They're velvet." Dani shrugged, then put her leg down and sat normally again.

"Yeah, well your parents must love mini appliances." Luke chuckled.

Dani rolled her eyes at him, knowing that he was referring to the mini fridge in her dorm room, which he's still obsessed about 3 days later. "Say that to the mini griddle from last Christmas."

"A mini griddle?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I can make a mean pancake." She replied.

"Maybe you can make me some sometime." Luke smirked. Of course he wanted to see her again. He had hopes that this would lead into something more than what it already was.

"Yeah, mayb-"

"Here's your burger, your veggie burger..." Their waitress said as she set down their food. "and one chocolate milkshake with two straws."

"Thank you." Luke thanked the waitress with a smile then turned his attention back to Dani.

"I didn't know you ordered a milkshake." Dani said, looking at the milkshake with two red and white striped straws in front of her.