1

michael

Michael clutched the glass in his hand, staring down at the dark liquid intriguingly.

He wasn't at all drunk. He was just tired and desperately wanted to leave the bar.

His best friend was somewhere in the crowds of intoxicated people and that was the only reason Michael was still sat there.

Normally, he would converse with people - mainly girls - and sometimes get a few of their numbers.

This was his plan when he agreed to go to the nearest bar with his friend, Calum, but when he arrived he didn't feel like socializing at all.

Michael ran his hands through his hair and rested his head on the counter.

For about a minute, he contemplated the idea of meeting the 'right' person and if that was a fairly vague prospect.

Pondering on the idea just made his head hurt, and after a few minutes he was on the edge of sleep but something - well someone - pulled him back.

He felt a light tap on the shoulder and he slowly lifted his head off the counter.

"I just wanted to wake you because I don't think you want to fall asleep here of all places," A girl advised him.

He adjusted his eyes to the fluorescent lights of the bar and took in the girl's appearance quickly: brown hair and a beautiful smile.

"My friend did it before and woke up in a random guy's car," She told him, taking a seat. "Anyways," she laughed lightly.

Michael didn't feel tired anymore. In fact, he felt very awake.

He rubbed his eyes and sat up straight.

"I'm Autumn, by the way," The girl introduced herself as she fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist.

She glanced up at Michael's hair and then back down to her wrist.

Michael self-consciously moved his hair to make it look less messy.

"I like your hair," She said to him, sending him a small smile as she admired it.

Michael's hair was predominantly blue but there were several areas which were purple.

According to his friends, this was his best hair colour so far.

"Thanks," Michael chirped. "I'm Michael."

"It's nice to meet you, Michael."
Michael smiled at the way his named sounded when she said it; he immediately loved her accent.

Autumn returned her attention to her bracelet and continued to toy with it.

Michael shifted his gaze to the bracelet, intrigued by the way Autumn continuously fiddled with it.

He stared at it for a few seconds and he knew he had definitely seen an identical version of it.

It looked like a sort of friendship bracelet that was old and worn but Michael figured it must have been from a store.

Why else would he remember seeing a bracelet that looked exactly like one that was owned by someone he had just met?

"Do you uh want a drink?" Michael offered after a minute of silence as he nodded towards the alcoholic beverages behind the bar.

"No thanks, I don't drink alcohol," She replied.

"How come you're at a bar?" Michael asked curiously. "I'm just curious," He clarified, making sure he didn't sound rude for asking.

"My friend comes here a lot and since she's pretty much my only friend, I agreed to come." She elucidated.

Michael was nervous around this girl but a good type of nervous.

Even though they hadn't been speaking to each other for very long, there was something about Autumn that intrigued Michael.

He just didn't know what.

"Do you want to come back to my place?" Michael asked, really hoping the answer was yes.

Immediately, he could see the uncertainty on her face.

"Not for sex!" He informed her, his nerves doubling.

"Oh."

Michael wasn't a big fan of one night stands anyway.

He really wanted to know more about this girl.

Michael gulped down the last of his drink and said to Autumn, "I was thinking we could play some video games."

//

remember to comment bc your feedback means a lot :-)