Chapter 36

A/N:: THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In The Hotel Room

They got an Uber back to the hotel. As soon as they got there, Tom laid down. He laid his head on the cotton pillow and closed his eyes. He felt so sick that he barely made the ride without falling asleep. She asked her parents to come pick her up from the hotel because she new Tom probably wouldn't be well enough to say goodbye tomorrow. It broke her that she had to leave, but she felt it was better to try and say goodbye, one more time. Once he was settled into the sheets on the rock hard hotel bed, Y/N came over and laid down next to him. It was scarily quiet, so she began humming quietly, trying not to wake up Tom.

Sunday: 9:29 pm

Tom *whispering*: You should sing

Y/N: You're awake?

Tom *whispering*: Don't tell anybody though. It's a secret.

Y/N playfully hit his arm and rolled over to face him.

Y/N: I have some bad news, Tommy

Tom: What is it?

Y/N's eyes burned as the sensation of water filling them began. She felt one, hot, wet tear drizzle down her cheek like a raindrop on a window. She sniffled quietly, not wanting to say goodbye to the first man she had ever truly loved. Even if they may see each other again. Even if they could be together in a different lifetime. She would need to leave his side without speaking in person. Sure it had only been a day or two, but you can fall in love within four minutes of meeting somebody.

Tom: Don't cry, darling. Talk to me. Please

She inhaled sharply and spoke between voice cracks and harsh breaths. The lump in her throat making it impossible for her to speak smoothly.

Y/N: I'm leaving. Less than an hour. I'm so-I'm so fucking sorry

Y/N broke down. Ugly sobs leaving her lips as she covered her eyes with her now damp hands. Tom sat up and pulled her as close to him as possible, closing all gaps. He rested his head on top of hers and felt her tears begin to soak into his shirt. His chest was still burning with the pain from earlier. Their door slowly creeped open as the rest of the Holland family and Haz came in. They all ran over and joined the hug, not wanting to see her in pain.

Paddy: Y/N, what's wrong?

Y/N: N-nothing Paddy. Thank you guys. I'm gonna miss you all.

And as she finished her words, the hotel phone rang. Haz pulled out of the hug and picked it up.

Haz: Hello? Yes. Yes. Oh. Alright. Thank you.

Haz put the phone down.

Haz: Your parents are here, Y/N.

Y/N: O-ok. Thank you Haz. I love you all so much.

Sam: We'll still y'all though. I mean c'mon. We really gotta make a group chat.

Y/N: Of course. Goodbye Tom. Goodbye everybody. I love you.

Tom coughed but turned to her.

Tom: Goodbye Y/N. I love you. I'll see you soon, hopefully.

Y/N: I love you too.

Y/N turned and walked through the door. The tears building up and pouring out onto her face. She heard the ding of the elevator as the door opened to reveal her impatient family. She wiped the last tear away. She really wished she could just go back to Thursday and not know the mystery guy she had texted. She looked down at her phone in the car and went to her messages. She went to the ones she shared with Tom. After clicking on his contact, the last thing in there messages was three gray dots, tormenting her on the ride home.

A/N:: I hope you enjoyed this book!!! Let me know if you want a sequel and I'll work on one if you do. I can't believe it's taken me 8 months to publish a book I had written before I started publishing XD. Ily all so much and thanks for being patient while I update the story!!! Love you!