Adjusting

Sebastian gave me an official tour of the town home before introducing me to my room. It was one of the four rooms I'd explored earlier. For the walls, the top half of them were painted white and the bottom half was covered with a violet-colored wallpaper. The floors were covered with a rather soft and new white carpet. In the center of the room was a bed with a violet coverlet, and white sheets and pillows. Beside the bed was a single, small, dark table with a purple lamp sitting on top of it. To one side of the room was a wardrobe and on the other a vanity with a mirror. Both were made of a darker wood. On top of the vanity was a small, thriving fern. 

This... is quite nice.

I giggled and jumped on the bed once Sebastian left. I had a job. And I could do whatever I wanted, basically, in terms of teasing the butler without fearing the his reactions. I had a home for the first time in a long time, too. What a day.

I sighed and rolled over on the bed, appreciating its fluffy mattress. I hadn't slept on a bed, a real bed, in a long time. Hotels and hay barrels got really tiresome after a while. Nothing beats a real bed.

I realized then that the bed had white sheets and jumped off of it, wincing. White sheets? Dirt shoes and dress? Not a good combination. I looked at the carpet and saw that my shoes hadn't left any tracks yet there either. Good.

I carefully sat down, removing my shoes and placing them outside the door. These carpets aren't going to get dirty because of me. But that doesn't solve the issue with the rest of my appearance. My dress, although it was nice, was quite dirty. The apron was an off-white too, having not been washed in over a year. My hair and body, although groomed, probably needed a good scrub. I walked over to the wardrobe and opened it, grabbing a towel and a spare robe that I saw hanging there before heading down to the bathroom. For how clean this mansion is, I feel like a foreign intruder.

I passed Sebastian on the way and told him where I was going. The butler merely nodded before continuing on with his railing dusting. Why he was doing it, I didn't know. I doubt there was even a speck of dust anywhere in this mansion.

I walked to the bathroom then, locking the door before stripping out of my clothes. I then let my hair out of its bun and put the bathrobe near the bath tub, stepping into the bathroom's secondary room and closing its door behind me.

Then I ran the water. When it was warm enough, and steam started to float about in my vision, I plugged up the drain and waited for it to fill. It filled quite quickly, efficiently, suitable for the level of money for which I now worked. I placed a towel on the small table beside the bathtub and pulled out a few soaps from a small cabinet. Only the simple ones. Simple is better at cleaning than fancy. Fancy just makes you smell pretty. I then slipped into the tub. The water flowed over my body, almost too warm to settle into. But I didn't care in the slightest if it burned me. I was going to enjoy this for as long as I could.

-----------------------------------------

I wound up taking a half-hour long nap, so soothing it was to be in the tub. Once that was over with, I quickly wetted my hair and scrubbed some soap in before attacking my body with a sponge. After my skin was almost raw from my enthusiastic cleaning, I started letting the bath water drain and took up a bucket beside the tub, pouring water over my body to wash off the soap. Once that was done with, I carefully stepped out of the tub and took up the towel, drying off.

Baths were nice. I felt refreshed and ready for my new role, as well as prepared for the challenges that'd came with it. I wrapped the bathrobe around my body and put my hair up in the towel before going out into the first half of the bathroom.