𝐅 𝐎 𝐔 𝐑

Kimberly

Her eyes widen with shock at the sight before her. 

It felt like she just walked into a hurricane, tornado, and a tsunami all happening at once. Arah's words don't seem to reach her ears as her vision focuses on the man who falls to his knees.

She's unable to tear her gaze from him. Curious eyes blinking at him with confusion, head tilting to the side. 

"Alright, nothing to see here!" Tiny, familiar hands begin pushing at her body back towards the front door of the estate. 

But Kim is quick to dig her heels into the cement, hoping to stay for a bit longer if just to gaze at the curious man kneeling before her.

Arah, despite the looks of her, is a strong woman. Beady hands successfully push her through the threshold back to the foyer. 

Her head visibly snaps, riding herself of the obsidian eyes that haunted her just moments prior. 

"What the hell was that? Did you feel that? I was literally choking—"

"Not the first time that's happened."

"I was choking from the tension," Kim is quick to correct her crude friend, eyes narrowed.

Arah's lips purse, prepared for yet another lie to escape.

"It's probably just wedding drama. You know how it is. There's always gotta be drama at these things. Drama and sex." 

Kim shifts her weight from one foot to the other, unconvinced by the excuse.

"Is kneeling a thing here? Or did I somehow miss the memo that you were royalty?"

Arah attempts to stifle a laugh. "Unless I got brain damage and forgot what century we're in, no, we don't have royalty here. Nor do we kneel here. Not unless your mouth's open ready for—"

"Oh my god, Arah!" 

But the petite girl only shrugs, a smug smirk resting on her lips. 

The front door swings open, putting an end to their conversation.

Two sets of eyes turn to look at the culprit, only for Kim to be placed in the trance she just managed to escape moments ago.

Her heart thumps a bit faster, feeling herself shrink underneath his hooded gaze. It's like his eyes are holding her captive. She's unable to move, unable to free herself from his confines. 

He was anatomically perfect. From the defined curves of his muscles that peeked out underneath his shirt to the lazily curled hair atop his head. Just looking at him took her breath away.

She glances lower to the gentle pink lips that begin to tug up into a grin. 

She fails to notice Arah's head slightly bowing beside her. 

"Sorry about that." 

His voice is smooth, husky despite the quietness of it.

"For what you saw back there. Just some complications with the wedding. My sister wasn't too happy with the adjustments."

A few seconds too long pass before she realizes she probably needs to reply to him.

"Your sister?"

"Minerva. My sister's the bride." 

Realization dawns on her then, stretching her hand out for him to shake. 

"Oh! Sorry! I'm Kimberly. And this is Arah."

She turns to look at her friend, wondering if the introduction was even necessary.

But the sight that greets her has her blanching. 

Arah's head was bowed, resting on one knee, eyes cast towards the ground. 

"What the hell, Arah?" She whispered underneath her breath, pulling her friend back up to standing height. 

Embarrassment coats her cheeks with a red tint.

"That's alright," a breathy chuckle emits from the guy sculpted by God himself. 

"People tend to kneel for me."

Her breath catches in her throat at the innuendo.

Images of herself kneeling before him play in her mind. Although with much more vulgarity than the bow Arah displayed.

It stirs a wanting in her. Has her thighs pressing together in frustration. Cold hands come up to press against her cheeks in an attempt to cool herself down. 

There's a sudden shift in the air. A shift in the mood. And if Kimberly heard correctly, she could've sworn Arah had audibly whimpered. 

Whimpered

"Beautiful ring," Everan notes.

But there's a certain ruggedness to his voice that wasn't there moments ago.

Her brows furrow with confusion but she accepts the compliment nonetheless.

"If you'll excuse me," He manages to grunt out through gritted teeth.

It's only when he brushes passed her, suitcases in hand, does she notice their immense height difference.

But that's far from what she's focused on now. Instead, she's left speechless from his mood shifting so abruptly.

Unaware of the fact that it was the diamond ring sitting on her ring finger that caused it.