Chapter 18

Alisha POV

This was an unexpected but pleasant  surprise.  I never thought he would just show up here like this but it is nice to see him .  Around here a smiling friendly face was a very  welcome sight and just looking at that big shit eating grin on his face warmed a special spot in my heart. I suddenly don't feel so alone anymore, not that Bianca wasn't a friend but with him here I  felt like I had a real ally in the middle of this shit storm of an pack.

A part of me knew he would support and protect me if I needed him to. Not that I can't handle myself, but I like the thought of a backup if needed. Bianca came from an pack where the females were not trained in any sort of self defense, in fact that seemed to be the case in most of the packs here in Spain. Females were delicate creatures who needed to be protected. 

My mom grew up in an pack like that in the States, except none of the members could protect themselves or others. They are all dead now because of that inability to defend themselves,it's  one of the reasons my parents made sure my sister and I could fight back if needed. We would never be defenseless females waiting to be saved.

But right now , Alvan being here made my confidence level jump up one hundred percent. If I had to get out fast, he'd help me. Hopefully it won't come to that, but you can't ever tell in a ass backward pack like this. I hope he plans to stick around for a while.

"What brings you to this small part of the world" I ask, even though I already know the answer. He came here for me because he hadn't said a single word about coming this way before I left him that last day in Barcelona.

"I was worried about you so I had to come see for myself ."  His sexy tone of voice is giving me very naughty thoughts as I look at his handsome face.  "You were such a bad girl, no text or call to let me know you were ok" 

"I don't have any way to contact anyone. Lost my phone privileges the first day ."  He raised one of his eyebrows in disbelief at my comment.  He looks at my wrist , the one with the silver bracelet on it and shakes his head.

"What trouble did you get into that caused all that."  It's as if he knew I did something to bring this on myself. I always thought I had an innocent air about myself and I chuckle out loud at that untrue  thought. 

"It was just a little misunderstanding about the rules here. I should have read the information about the pack rules before I got here and would have avoided all this mess." I shrug my shoulders. " But even if I had not broken a rule they still would have placed this on me and took away my phone. No outside pack members working here are allowed to shift, they don't trust them."

"Why don't they allow you to have your phone? I can understand some about the bracelet , but why cut you  off from everyone you know?"  He looks like he's getting pissed off , his face is hard and his eyes narrow. " Are they mistreating you and afraid you'll call for help?"

He looks around the lobby as if there is a foe waiting in the sidelines for him to beat senseless. His body on alert and tense, I can sense his aggression without even having my enhanced sense. I can almost smell the male testosterone rolling off his body . Shit , he is so turning me on with this whole caveman thing going on. But I better calm him down before one of the pack members come this way and he does something to get him self in trouble. 

"No, no it's not like that." I quickly state and move from behind the desk to reach him.  He pulls me into his arms and holds me tight against his chest. He buries his face in my neck as I stroke his back. I can feel him relax after a few minutes and I just enjoy the feel of his arms around me. I sigh , I miss the physical contact of another person so much.  I've always been one of those people who like to hug and there isn't any of that going on here. Not that I've met anyone here I'd like to hug, maybe Bianca but she isn't a touchy type of person. So I linger in his arms until I hear a voice clear from behind me.