[5] Lion Heart

¤

.

*

'

~

°

until eve
c .5; lion heart

'and in the end, we will still be here, together.

      CASSIOPEIA BLACK WAS SAD, AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT ONLY REALLY HAPPENED EVERY FEW MONTHS

      CASSIOPEIA BLACK WAS SAD, AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT ONLY REALLY HAPPENED EVERY FEW MONTHS. The girl had always had a more-so positive outlook on the things that happened in her life, the idea of there being something that could change that was nothing but a small pit of darkness that resided in her brain.

Reading over the letter she had been sent once again, the black-haired girl could feel her heart slowly begin to sink, the washing dread of the situation she had found herself in becoming more and more apparent every letter of ink her eyes ran over. She had failed every single class of the year.

Meaning, she would have to repeat the previous school year. Meaning that her mother was totally going to beat her to a pulp. Meaning, the school would contact her mother on how she had been spending time snogging Gryffindors and drinking firewhisky instead of handing in her assignments. Cassiopeia was always given one major thing to take care of in her life - one major goal to try and achieve. Smart. Become smart, be educated. Don't fail.

Cassiopeia repeated the scenes in her head, the image of her mother speaking to her on repeat, again and again, the words almost burning themselves into her brain. "The House of Black does not fail, Cassiopeia. We always succeed, and though you are not a child of Black, I still expect you to uphold your end of the bargain. You get a roof over your head as long as you do not ruin our family's name, do you understand, girl?"

"It's not that bad, Cassiopeia..." she felt like she was underwater, just barely being able to hear her sister speak as her dark eyes bore into the parchment in her hand, "mother... mother will understand, won't she? I believe she will, yes, so there is no need to be so sad, now is there?"

Her watery brown eyes turned slowly, facing her silver-haired sister who stood in the doorway, an apprehensive expression on her face, "Do you really think mother is going to let this slide, Sissy? A child of Black, failing at something? Has this ever happened before, no I don't think so."

Narcissa walked over, laying a warm hand onto Cassiopeia's shoulder as she spoke, trying to cheer the girl up, though they both knew it was no use in the end. Their mother wasn't going to let this slide, and it was obvious. But could it really be that bad?

"I have to leave," the dark-haired girl suddenly blurted out, rushing around the room and throwing things into a small tote that laid by her bedroom door, "I can't stay here. I don't wanna die, Sissy, I don't wanna be left without a place to go."