Chapter One-Beast

Hello, Lovelies,

Thank you so much reading Grimm Retribution.  I am so grateful to all of you who support me in so many ways.  Thank you to everyone who has read, voted, commented, sent me messages, added my books to their libraries and told people about me.  This means more than you could ever know.  

News:  I am still editing Sparked.  So, I want to thank you all for your patience on that.  Also, Dirty Little Secrets is now over 100k, Sparked reached over 16K and Twisted Souls is over 9K.  That all happened over the last few days.  That is mind blowing to me.  Thank you for making that dream of my stories being read a reality.  

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are deeply appreciated.  If you have any questions, comment or send me a message.

-XXXXX Amanda

**********

I sat in a chair with my booted feet crossed on the desk cleaning motor oil and grime from under my nails with my pocket knife after making Jackson a make-shift bed out of blankets and pillows. I closed my knife and sighed, realizing that I wouldn't be able to return to work at the garage while babysitting Jackson. A growl got caught in my throat as I lifted my head to study the man I had defended, hoping he was worth it.

John had decided to be an asshole and keep him in the office instead of one of the apartments in the clubhouse where he would have at least had a fucking bed. To his credit, he didn't complain. He sat in the middle of the bundle glancing around the room with his suit jacket laying beside him and his tie hanging loose around his neck. His salt and pepper hair stuck up in every direction where he had repeatedly run his fingers through the locks. His gaze moved over everything else before his blue eyes settled on me.

"Your name is Beast, correct?" He asked, his eyes sliding over me with a frown marring his brow.

"Yeah," I said, not wanting to have a conversation with the man but realizing that it was best if I did. Maybe he would say something that would give us a clue where our money had disappeared to and he could go home and pretend this night never happened.

"I know you're the reason I'm still alive," he said, shifting on the blankets as he rolled up his shirt sleeves, "Thank you."

"I don't believe in spilling innocent blood," I said, simply and stuck my knife in my pocket before narrowing my eyes on him, "I believe you didn't steal from us. I hope I'm right because if I'm wrong, I won't stop John from killing you."

"You're not wrong," Jackson said, his brow furrowing, that same look of confusion that made me stop John darkening his features, "I wouldn't do anything to put this club in danger. Taking the M.C. on as a client, saved me and my daughter after my wife died. She had cancer. Even with insurance, her bills ate through everything we saved and more. I was in debt because of them. I couldn't pay for anything...Not my bills and my daughter's tuition was due. Truthfully, I almost lost everything. I owe your club. I would never do anything to hurt it."

I cocked my head taking in his words, "And you're okay now?" I asked, raising my brow trying to mask my pity for the man and failing miserably.

"No...I can't pay for a five hundred thousand dollar loss without it destroying everything I built back up," Jackson said as his shoulders slumped forward, "My daughter will suffer the most. She'll have to quit college and she won't have a home to live in because we'll lose the house. We'll lose everything."

I pursed my lips because the more he talked the more I was sure that I was right. He may have risked it if he was alone, but he loved his daughter. Anyone who spoke to him could see that. Putting her in danger was not an option for him. I was becoming more positive of that with every word he spoke. He didn't steal from us, but his innocence didn't matter because he would still have to figure out who did before John would let him go.