City of Angels

The streets were dark, covered in overtime dew. My soul felt a sort of relief that it's never had the experience to feel before. I was finally free.

I was on a bus on my way to Los' Angeles, running away from a place that never quite felt like home. I was born and raised in Salem. My whole life the people of the town called me horrible names and treated me like tainted soil. They called me a freak, monster, witch, demon, devil's child you name it. I was being taunted by my visions. Seeing things that made no sense to me at the time. I could see people's future and there was nothing I could do about it. I wore gloves anywhere and everywhere I went just to stop the pain. It was hard enough knowing that my great, great, great, great grandmother was a Salem witch that was hanged in 1692. A historical figure of our town, if only that were a good thing.

Except for some reason I never inheritated the witch genes like many of my ancestors before me. I knew of the supernatural beings that existed in the world. I knew about vampires, werewolves, demons, angles, spirits everything- at least I thought I did.

My whole life I tried to figure out what I was and still was. I decided I just belonged under the category of 'Typical unknown monster'.

For whatever reason I was drawn to Los' Angeles. There were times I could hear voices in my head saying, 'Wolf, Ram, Hart.' It was always in a whisper. I eventually got curious and looked up the words, finding that there was a law firm in LAX for the supernatural. They had a science department and I was a chemical science major. I submitted my resume and a few days later had an over-the-phone interview. I got the Email that I had gotten the job as the personal lab assistant of 'Winifred Burkall'.

This was it, my chance to have a clean slate. To show that I was more than just a freak. That I could actually live a normal life. Now I know that, moving to Los' Angeles the "City of Angels", and working at a law firm for the supernatural isn't exactly 'normal' per say, but I had to go. I needed to be around people like me or at least people who understood what I was going through.

2 Days Later:

I was renting out a studio apartment while working at the firm. It was spacious and had huge windows. I liked the open space, it helped me to think and keep my head clear of sudden visions that I had at anytime of the day.

I was starting my day of work tomorrow morning and I needed all the rest I could get so that my visions or sudden flashbacks didn't interfere with my work.

"Oh well off to bed, you got a long day ahead of you tomorrow Aroura."

The minute my head hit the comforting cushion of my plush pillow I was fast asleep.

I Grieve- Peter Gabriel