Chapter 18

November 2019, 4 months later

“Finn, honey it’s time to get up.” Lauren Walker said to her son. As soon as she left Lima she moved to Pennsylvania hoping to be closer to her baby boy.

Currently he was on a short leave before being sent overseas to Korea. The thought of having to depart from him again was overbearing but at least she wasn’t loosing him to Iraq.

“Ok mom.” Finn said from his bed. He was already up, he was used to it, he would be up at the crack of dawn when he was in the army and it was nothing new.

Today he would be leaving after a 1 month leave before Korea. Blaine and  Marley were assigned with him so he was grateful for that, but little things like that didn’t concern him anymore. Finn was just busy doing all he had to achieve, and didn’t really care for much.

Ever since he lost Rachel, things have been robot like for him. He acted as a robot, he just did as told, did everything as a routine, he kept himself as busy as he could, just to keep his mind off her.

But when he got leave, that’s when things got tough. Marley had gone back home, and unlike he, the love of her life was there waiting for her to arrive. To make matters even worse, Blaine went to New York instead of going home to Lima, he wanted to see Kurt; the two were still going strong.

It dumbfounded him everyday as to what had changed between him and Rachel. He longed for her everyday, he wanted to see her face, hear her sweet voice, kiss her sweet lips; he just wanted to be with her.

What tore him up the most was that if she hadn’t moved on, he would have been with her at Lima that moment, holding her in his arms never letting her go, but that wasn’t how things were and he needed to live with that. Her birthday was coming up, and they would have spent it like they did in the past. He thought back to the last birthday of hers they shared. She had given him her virginity that day; it was the day they made their love permanent. But little did he know it was all just temporary. He needed to move on and he needed to look past everything.

At first the thought of Rachel with Jesse seemed unrealistic, for the first few months he prayed every night that it was just some sort of lie or misunderstanding, and Rachel did still love him, and she still was waiting for him, but then when he visited Kurt and Blaine one night, he confirmed his worst nightmare. Though he hadn’t been upfront with it and came right out with it, but the way he talked about the situation, he knew more than he led on, and he just wanted to save him the hurt. What he didn’t understand was that he couldn’t be anymore hurt than he already was. Nothing could stop the constant sting in his heart knowing that the girl he fell in love with fell out of love with him and moved on with his arrogant half-brother.

He didn’t understand why life was so cruel to him. He couldn’t understand why he got everything he did, when he never did anything wrong. He did all he could, he loved a person with his entire soul, he worked his ass off to get some where in life, but in the end life fucked him over, and he hated it. He hated that assholes like Jordan could get everything that he had to yearn and pine for. Life was just so unfair.

Finn brushed his routine thoughts out of his head and headed for the shower. He mumbled some what of a greeting to his mother as he passed by her on his way to the bathroom.

Lauren let out a sigh. The whole month he had been that way. Cold and distant. She wasn’t stupid she knew why he acted the way he did, but he’d get over it. If he had continued his relationship with Rachel any longer, and then she ended up leaving him, which she knew she would, then the hurt would be even more unbearable than it already was. She was doing it for him. It was what was best for him, and hopefully he’ll realize that soon, and move on. She moved on from Christopher, and she knew her baby was strong enough to do so too.