8~ Hello and other unfriendly greetings

The weekend flew by faster than I had liked. After that Saturday with Shaun and the others, I had spent Saturday with my mother watching Harry Potter movies and eating Ramen noodles for lunch and dinner. Monday crept up on us too soon, and I found myself walking down the corridors to my locker, my hair hanging in messy waves down my back, clad in ripped jeans and a grey "Clearly I have made some bad decisions" shirt, courtesy of Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments. Reagan rolled her eyes when she saw it, and said, "You should show it to Ron, though he won't know what it means." I chuckled and replied, "Trust me, I will." 

             The bell rang, so I hurried over to my locker, surprised at myself that I found it. The hallway was crowded, and there were people crammed on either side of me at their lockers. I hurriedly turned the dial to the combination and opened it. I had just grabbed my books when someones arm stretched across, right next to my face, resting their knuckles next to my locker, so I was trapped. I turned to glare at whoever it was, and saw it was Bruce. "Hello there," he said in a mockingly low voice, and my lips turned up at the corners. He had a mischievous grin on his face, and I quirked an eyebrow. "Let me guess. Your next line is 'Do you come here often?'"  

              Bruce shook his head, smiling in a confused way as he pushed away from my locker and let me loose. "Let's go to class," he sighed, and turned and walked down the hall, glancing back to make sure I was following. "What's wrong?" I asked him, quickening my pace so that I was shoulder to shoulder with him. Bruce chuckled, turning his head slightly to connect his gaze with me, my blueish grey eyes meeting his own hazel ones. It was then that I realized how tall he really was- my head barely came to his shoulder as he looked down at me. "If it had been any other girl- any other girl- they would've flipped if I'd done that." 

               "Done what?" I asked in confusion. "Cornered them like that. Girls usually get all nervous when you corner them- they start stuttering and messing with their hair. You weren't even fazed," he said, his voice almost incredulous. "You really are different, Cassie. I mean, no wonder you've got at least two guys watching your every move." I blinked at him, shaking my head slightly. "Wait, what? What do you mean, two guys watching my every-" Bruce stopped my sentence short with a hand gesture. "Nah ah. Don't bother, I'm not answering that question." 

             I rolled my eyes, chuckling as we entered the classroom. We were late, but the teacher wasn't in the classroom yet, so I hurriedly took my seat as she entered. We were about twenty minutes through class when someone else entered. And it definitely wasn't someone I was hoping to see. Actually, I was hoping I wouldn't ever have to see him again. But of course, I wasn't so lucky, and Alex hadn't moved while I was gone. 

                He was just as arrogantly handsome as always, his blonde hair cut and styled in the front with hair gel. At least five of the girls in the class smiled at him, some batting their eyelashes, making me smother a laugh with my hand. It's funny how the person he was meanest to seemed to know him better than his own friends. Alex handed his pass to the teacher before taking a seat next to a pretty redhead, who scowled at him before turning back to the front of the class. I raised my eyebrows at this; there were other people at this school who didn't like him? 

                  I focused more on Alex after that. He had lost some of the baby fat in his face so that his jaw was chiseled to perfection. His skin was a lot tanner, and he had gained a whole lot more muscle to add to the appearance of a typical football player. His cocky smirk remained, a smirk that ruined the whole look for me, and his eyes glinted with something like lust as he kept glancing over at the girl next to him, who would continue to scoot farther away as he practically raped her with his eyes. I leaned back in my chair, just a little too pleased that the girl wasn't falling for it.