Chapter 1

I woke with a start, alarm clock buzzing. I rubbed my eyes sleeping and reached out to whack my alarm clock. Except... the noise didn't stop. I looked down and realised I was getting a call. It was Ben. I picked it up and answered, "hey benji boy what's up?". I heard him laugh through the phone, "did you just wake up? You know what the time is right? Are you gonna make it on time?". Pulling the phone away from my ear I looked at the time, eyes widening as I realised it was 11:30. "Uhh... sure I will..." I heard a vague doubtful sound of acknowledgment in return and hung up the phone. I darted out of bed and down the stairs, grabbing some chocolate pop tarts and shoving them in the toaster. To save time I quickly went to the toilet and brushed my teeth. My pop tarts won't taste anywhere near as good but I guess that's what I deserve for not setting my alarm. I grabbed them while hopping around trying to pop my trainers on and ran out of the door as fast as I could.

Giving the fact that it'll take me about 25 minutes to walk I decided to run. I arrived in town about two minutes past 12, bending over and breathing heavily. A heavy hand patted my back and I looked up at Benji's smug face, slightly covered by his messy blue hair. Bright blue eyes shining at me in delight, "good to see you dude, I'm impressed you made it on time given the heavy morning voice when I called half an hour ago" he chuckled, "forget the fact you look like death from all the running you've done". I punched him in the shoulder and rolled my eyes. I hugged him and then moved on to hug Dalton, rubbing my hand in his blonde hair which he swept aside instantly, grimacing at my gesture. Ben shoved a bottle of water
In my face, causing me to jump. "If the last three times are anything to go by, you forgot to have a drink today". I looked at him for a second, mildly surprised but it quickly dissolved and I took the bottle.

"You think you're so clever, don't you?" He grinned widely and nodded. Dalton laughed and grabbed Ben's hand, pointing behind me with the other.

"Onward my peasants!" He said, pulling a face. I stuck my tongue out at him and turned on the spot. We headed off towards the park to meet the others for the day. Looking down I realised over half the bottle of water was gone and sighed. I hate when he's right sometimes.