Chapter 2

"BOO!" leo shouted, jumping onto me from behind a tree. His scruffy hair shaking as he laughed at the horror on my face.

"Why would you do that?" I screamed at him, "You know I'm jumpy!" I huffed and put on a playful scowl.

"That's what makes it so fun" he smirked at me. I looked around and saw that Fae had come with him and was standing around trying to contain her laugh. I just pushed Leo out of the way and gave Fae a hug and, much to my amusement, Leo crossed his arms as if he were sulking like a child.

We carried on walking down the path until we were in the wooded part of the park, searching for a quite place for us all to sit. After about five or so minutes of walking, Ben suddenly turned off the path. Curious, we all followed him and eventually ended up sat on a small pebble beach by the river. It was breathtaking. There were ducks swimming in a line and a few swans dotted around here and there. "How did you know this was here?" I asked, looking at Ben.

"I didn't, just kinda got bored of the path and went for a wander" he shrugged. Fair enough. I walked over to the little tree that sat near the middle of the small area and plonked my stuff down by the bending trunk. Looking around I just took in the scenery. You could hear the faint sounds of people riding their bikes and families walking their dogs on the other side of the river. The birds were chirping in the trees adding an extra sense of peacefulness.

Until a scream sounded in my ear, that is. "You had to ruin it didn't you?" I sighed after collecting myself. I spun around and saw Will looking back at me. We hadn't known him very long but he had managed to fit in so well, it was almost like he'd been apart of the group the whole time. He grinned back, hugged me and turned to go hug the others. I lay my jumper out on the ground by the tree and sat down. Aside from Leo and Ben, everyone came and joined me beneath the tree. The light splashing sounds from the river as Ben and Leo took it in turns to throw and skip stones was both soothing and amusing to watch. Seeing them flailing their limbs as they desperately tried to best eachother bringing a smile to my face. I closed my eyes, letting the sound of the water take over the light chatter from my friends and sighed. There's nowhere I'd rather be and nobody I'd rather be with.