Chapter 4

Mabel's Pov

Gnomes are the creepiest little things ever. I can't believe Dipper survived the Dark Forest. He may be stronger than I thought. . . Nah! Dipper can't be strong! He is my weak little brother. I think I will go to Bill's statue tomorrow.

"Goodnight Grunkle Stan! Grunkle Ford!" I yell as I run up the stairs.

"Goodnight Mabel!" They yell back.

~The Next Day~

Today I am going to see Bill's statues. I haven't seen it in five years. I got up and changed into my normal outfit. I grab my shooting star necklace just to mess with him. I run down the stairs and out the door. I run towards the forest, it is a good thing that I have a map. As I walk into the clearing, I hear singing. Who is there? I hide behind a tree and look around it. Dipper was there, singing and . . . Carving? He was sitting beside a huge rock and a stone man. Bill's statue was shattered to pieces. I watched him sing and carve until he was done. The statue looked like him, but more demonic. (The statue looks like Dipper's demonic form) He is very good at this. I take a step back to leave, but I step on a stupid branch.

"Who's there?" Dipper asked.

"Hey, Dipping-Sauce!" I say nervously as I step out from behind the tree.

"How long have you been there?"

"A few hours. You are really good at making statues."

"Thanks?"

"Who is the one with the hat?"

". . . Bill."

"Really!?"

"It is what I think he would look like if he were human."

"Oh. . . I kind of imagined him looking like Old man McGucket."

"Eh."

"Is the other one you?"

"Yeah. . . If I were a demon. I don't imagine myself being a shape."

"Oh." He looked at me and smiled his dorky smile.

"The first one took me three years to make. This one only took me a few hours. I have improved."

"What was that song you were singing? You kept singing it over and over. Do you like it that much.

"It is called Scars to Your Beautiful. A . . .Friend would sing it to me whenever I felt down." He said as he started to sing the song. (Play the song)

She just wants to be beautiful

She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits

She craves attention, she praises an image

She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor

Oh, she don't see the light that's shining

Deeper than the eyes can find it

Maybe we have made her blind

So she tries to cover up her pain and cut her woes away

'Cause cover girls don't cry after their face is made

But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark

You should know you're beautiful just the way you are