5) It's A ...?

|Emma|

I am now five months pregnant, it's been really hard, being in college and pregnant is not easy. Not that I thought it would be, I just wished everyone would stop staring at me in class. I know I'm eighteen and pregnant no need to stare at me and my belly. Well anyway, today is my gender reveal party and my mom is throwing it for me. She said she really wanted to and I wasn't going to stop her, it makes her smile really big. I don't really want to know what my baby is because I don't care, I will love him or her the same. But I'm not going to ruin the party for everyone, so here I am helping my mom with the decorations.

I decided I only wanted it to be just my family and my best friend who is also my roommate now. When the morning sickness really kicked in, Ashley didn't like it one bit, so she moved out, and Lucy came. One night I was really sad from my raging hormones and ended up telling her everything, I felt a lot better after I have never had a girl best friend before and it's very nice, I love her. And, before you ask no I haven't told Carter so he will not be attending today.

As I come back into the room from changing into my dress for the party in the bathrooms, I look into the room we rented, and wow my mom really went all out didn't she there is blue and pink all around, it's beautiful.

"Mom, it's beautiful, thank you," I say speechless.

"Awe, honey you're welcome and you look gorgeous definitely glowing," she says kissing my forehead.

I spin around for her with a smile on my face, "Thank you, mom I feel very happy today,"

"So are you excited to know what the baby is," she asked me eyeing the cake that sits on the table in the corner of the room?

I sigh lightly. I can't help but wish Carter was here to see what our child's gender is, he would have loved it. The only thing that is helping is knowing that he's going to get the future he deserves, but I know in my heart that he would have been just like me, loving the baby no matter what its gender is.

"If I'm being honest I don't really care, I will love the baby either way," I answer rubbing my tummy.

"That's a good thing, honey, but it's time for the cake now," she tells me before announcing the last part to the room.

"Oh good, I'm starving, I can't wait anymore," I say as my tummy growls from hunger even though I ate like twenty minutes ago.

Hey, I'm growing a human inside of me, so I get a pass. I head over to the table as everyone does the same, I wipe my sweaty hands on my dress before picking my the knife. My nerves are everywhere, apparently. I take in the cake my mom ordered for me, it is a two-tier cake with white icing on it, on top is a little baby blue bow tie and baby pink ballerina shoes. It's a beautiful cake. I slowly dig my knife into it, sliding it out making sure I don't spoil it, and cut the other side. I put the knife down and grab a fork to help me get my slice of cake out revealing the bright pink cake inside. I gasp covering my hands over my mouth.

It's a girl.

*

*

*

Please comment and vote if you would like to.
I love you.
-E
Edited ✔️