♡ Hosu ♡

Rani P.O.V

The following night was quiet. I didn't see Todoroki that afternoon, but later we talked over messages. He'd spend the entire day training with his father, as can be expected, and informed me of everything that had happened. I tried my best to comfort him, but I knew that wasn't very much I could do in general.

Before the internships had started, Kirishima had added everyone to a class chat - meaning that we could easily communicate with each other while far away. Midoriya, Eclipse, Uraraka, Todoroki, Myself and even Bakugou for a little caught up. We chatted about our internships until about 11 before I logged off.

When I woke up the next morning, the sun was just coming in through the window. Checking the time to make sure I wasn't running late, I got out of bed a few minutes later and began to get ready for the day. 

From memory, today was the day that Endeavor was taking both Todoroki and I for patrolling in Hosu. I honestly found it a bit weird it was all the way over there and not around his own agency, but I wasn't in the mood to question the flame hero.

One I got dressed in my hero uniform, made sure my hair was done and had my phone in hand, I made my way out the door and towards the elevator while checking the messages I had missed. Just as I was doing so, I got a message from Bakugou.

He was just slightly annoyed that I didn't check in with him a yesterday, but gave up giving me a talking to pretty quickly. The two of us chatted about our internships, and as you can expect I basically died when I saw what Best Jeanist had done with his hair. I had just managed to calm down my breath when I entered the lobby, spotting the back of my red and white-haired classmate.

Quickly saying goodbye to Bakugou, which he wasn't happy about mind you, I walk over to Todoroki and tap him on the shoulder. I must have scared him a little, as before I had a chance to respond, he quickly grabs my hand gently and turns his head to look over his shoulder. Once he notices it's me, however, he relaxes and turns around to look at me. Smiling brightly at him, I speak.

"Greetings Human!" Shoto Raised an eyebrow at me and crossed his arms, speaking almost instantly when I'm finished.

"What's got you in such a good mood?"

"No idea. Woke up on the right side of the bed I suppose."

"That's good. At least you did..."

"Not happy to be going on this trip?" I question, tilting my head ever so slightly.

"Yeah. Don't want to be with my old man at all."

"Understandable considering everything, but remember! You aren't alone, you've got me."

Shoto waits a moment, staring at me as if thinking. After a second a small smile creeps onto his lips as he speaks once again. "Thanks, Rani.. I really owe you."

"Don't mention it."

Just as I finished my sentence, the two of us quickly turn our attention to the elevator behind us as it dings. After little less than a second, the doors come open revealing Endeavor. He walks out of the small box and towards the two of us. Todoroki moves to stand beside me as I cross my arms, thinking to myself that this was going to be one hell of a day.

"I see you two are down here already." Endeavor states once he stops in front of us. The two of us nod together before I raise a hand from my side ever so slightly and speak.

"So, is there a reason we're going on this trip?"

Endeavor nods towards me before turning and walking towards the door. Taking one look in Shoto's direction, I quickly follow after the flame hero, and from the sound of it, Shoto followed after. Eventually, we were on our way to Hosu Station.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Endeavor had been walking too quickly for me to question him on the walk to station, so as we sat down in a private cart on the train, I turned to Endeavor. "So, Care to explain exactly why we're going to Hosu or you just gonna keep us in the dark?"

crossing his arms and looking towards me, his eyes flickering to Shoto for just a moment who was watching him intently. He'd been staying by my side the entire time, not leaving me for even a second. I knew for a fact that despite trusting me, He didn't trust his father one bit, though it wasn't like I could blame him.

Endeavor then nods stiffly, moving around for just a moment to get comfortable. "I'm sure you've both heard of stain, correct?"

"Mmhm," I mumble back. Shoto just nods. Endeavor then continues.

"Well I'll assume that you guys know he recently attacked a pro hero, put him out of the job for good. Ingenium was the pros name."

Shoto and I instantly turn to look at each, and from the look on his face, I knew we were thinking the same thing. Lowering my eyebrows to a serious expression, I turn back to Endeavor.

"...the most recent sighting of Stain was in Hosu... meaning we're going there after him."

"You catch on fast, Rani. But yes, we're going after stain. I thought it would also be a good opportunity to teach you both what a pro hero is."

Looking in Shoto's direction for a moment, I could tell he was furious - rightful so if I'm being honest. He had a look of surprise on his face, but yet a deep angry burning in his eyes. Just before I was about to turn away, Shoto opened his mouth. 

Without thinking, I quickly raised one of my own arms and placed my hand on his shoulder, causing him to stop in his place and turn his attention to me.

Giving him a small smile in reassurance, I then turned back to Endeavor. "How are we sure Stain will still be in Hosu?"

"If you've kept up to date on his attacks, you'll notice there's a pattern between how many victims in one area at one. Maybe you should start paying attention, you're a new pro hero after all." Endeavor spat in response. You could tell he was salty from the amount of venom in his words.

Todoroki tensed, but I gripped back in response. We both watched as Endeavor turned to the window on his right and sighed, mumbling under his breath, "Maybe this training was a good idea. You'll finally learn what it's like to be a pro."

Removing my hand from Shoto's shoulder, I crossed my arms, legs and smirked at the flame hero in front of me. 

"Honey, if I needed to know those things I would have asked for All Might. You don't even know how to be a decent human being, fat chance of you being able to act like a pro hero."

Endeavor simply sat there with wide eyes for a moment, before his expression turned back to his usual scowl. He turned to look at Shoto who was glaring back, before turning back to look out the window.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Skip ahead maybe about 15 minutes, we had finally arrived in Hosu. Endeavor was leading myself and Todoroki around, watching the people go about their daily lives. I had both my hands behind my back, just basking in the light of the day. It was peaceful. Suddenly, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, and as you can expect, it was Shoto.

Opening my eyes and turning to him, I tilted my head ever so slightly. "You good?"

"'Mm... yeah. I'm fine. I just wanted to check on how you were doing."

"I'm great! It feels so nice to get out every now and again."

"Yeah, I agree with that." Shoto stops for a second, turning to look at his father in front of us. "Hey, I just wanted to apologise for what my old man said on the train.."

"Hm?" I question, turning to look at his father as well. "Why are you sorry? He was the one who said it"

"I mean.. yeah, but-"

"Seriously Shoto, you don't have to apologize for anything you didn't-"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence. I'm cut off my a heartbreaking scream. Endeavor, Shoto, and I all turn in the direction of the scream, just in time to see a nomu with wings fly over one of the buildings towards the crowds.