five

『 October 2019 』

『 October 2019 』

🌨

"Slow down miss (y/n), those chicken wings won't run away!" Taehyung said with a cheeky smile

I glared at him, still stuffing my mouth with the delicious food he bought for the two of us.

"Thought you liked a girl who knows how to eat? Whatever that means." I boldly answered, using his own words.

Usually, I'd always eat less whenever I tried to impress men. Oddly enough,  I didn't feel the need to neglect my apetite with Taehyung. Yet he made no comment regarding the amount of food I could and would devour. In fact, he didn't seem to care at all.

The more we talked, the more I enjoyed Taehyung's company. Not to mention his looks were a plus. Being able to stare freely was more than satisfying. He was so good looking I couldn't bear to look him in the eye. Yet the urge to glance at him every now and then was stronger than my shame.

"Besides, you're the one talking but look at your bucket." It was empty.

He raised both hands in the air as he shrugged. "I'm super hungry whenever I'm in a good mood, you should be flattered."

I rolled my eyes. "I am." These two words caused him to snicker.

Taehyung turned out to be really funny. He kept saying weird things out of the blue, but I liked it. Thanks to his goofiness, I managed to ignore the fact that we were on an actual date. If stress got the best of me at first, Taehyung quickly put me at ease. It felt like having dinner with a close friend.

Two hours had passed since we arrived at the restaurant. The place was surprsingly empty, allowing me to let loose and enjoy the situation even more. However, the long day I had at work combined with my full stomach made me want to rest.

"Are you tired?" A deep voice caught my attention. "I should probably drive you home."

Without further ado, we rose from our seats and cleared our trays. Outside, the cold wind made me jolt. Taehyung chuckled next to me.

"I have my car, it's parked next to the school."

I nodded. He placed his hand on my back, lightly pushing me.

~ ☆ ~

Sitting in the car, we were both silent as Taehyung drove me home. Apparently, he was familiar with my neighborhood because he used to take painting lessons there. The silence was anything but awkward. Exhausted. I couldn't wait to get in my bed, slip in between the sheets.

"So," Taehyung spoke once we were parked in front of my building "how was it?" His beautiful dark brown orbs were staring at me, making me shift in my seat.

My lips curved into a smile, he looked like a child asking for candies. It was new to me, seeing a man looking at me longingly. I liked it.

"Mmh," I feigned hesitation, causing him to frown "kind of."

"Come on! You were having fun (y/n), I know it."

"Oh, how could you tell?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "I just know." He didn't seem confident at all, it was quite surprising actually.

Soon, a light laugh escaped my lips. "You're right. I had fun—thanks to the chicken wings."

The brown-haired man scoffed as I reached for the door, unlocking it. Before exiting the car, I turned to him and said: "Let's be friends!"