1

The beginnings of the new world was something I could experience firsthand,,,, great.

I might have been one of the first that changed, maybe that's why I was a little luckier. It didnt take me long to realize my powers, but it took me way too long to control it.

Air, speed, and knowledge. It wasnt very rare for someone to have mini powers aside from the four elements, but I felt fortunate.

Apparently the rest of the world havn't come upon this phenomenon, so I trained everyday out of fear. Being paranoid was one of my weakest quality traits, but because I was scared of being targeted as an enemy or monster I made sure I was stronger.

Everyday I would rack my brain, would it be a superhero world where powers are considered to be worthy of praise, an x men world, or a completely otherworldly scenario???

Months on end, making sure I could control a large scale of the world's air, testing my limits in speed, and trying to use my knowledge to my advantage but it soon became something that wasnt necessary.

February 18, soon a good 5 percent of the population had powers. It may not seem a lot, but that meant I had millions of other people who could relate to me.
The public were scared but the government set up training camps for people to control their powers, especially because every element had their potential dangers.

Citizens didnt know, but any wrong move and a fire bender could burn you, a water bender could make you explode from the inside out, an air bender could cause the oxygen around you disappear, and an earth bender could make you fall into the depths of the earth with no way out.

This kind of information couldnt get out to the public,,, and the government decided for people to understand the powers better and to become more empathetic.....

They would make a tournament.