Chaper 1

*Wilhelmina Venable's POV*

'The fake Halloween party me and miss mead threw for the people of the outpost was going off without a hitch. I watched as everyone bobbed for the poisonous apples, the memories of me and Mead injecting the apples with venom flashes through my mind. The thought of these annoying, ungrateful pests dead was enough to make my mouth water. I waited with  anticipation as the last person bobbed for an apple. When they finally got it my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest and everyone was cheering.'

You have your treat! Enjoy!

'I said as me and mead rose our apples up the air.. everyone held there's up as well. They bit into the apples of death first only tasting the sweetness of the fruit. They closed their eyes as with the satisfaction of fresh tasing fruit. Then the venom started spreading through their body like wildfire. I watched as they started coughing and making awful faces. I seen mead smirking at me out of the corner of my eye and I couldn't contain the smile that started to spread across my face. Everyone of the started projectile vomit everywhere. They fell to the floor squirming, begging for air, some of them choking on their own vomit and some of them foaming at mouth. I walked downstairs to make sure they were all dead, we couldn't take any chances of having any survivors. I could barely make my way around because there was puke, blood and bodies everywhere.'

They couldn't have gone better. It was a little messier than I would hope.

"At least we don't have to worry about cleaning up."

'Mead said while she smiled at me.'

Come on. We shouldn't keep Mr. Langdon waiting.

'I walked back upstairs and around the corner. My cane hitting the floor with every step I took. Miss Mead was not far behind me. When we entered Mr. Langdon's room he was sitting there on his labtop. His long slightly curly blonde hair down in his face.'

"Ladies I'm a little busy right now."

'He said. Not even bothering to look up at us.'

This won't take long.

'He carefully shut his laptop, turning halfway around, slighting resting his chin on his hand.'

We are making the selections now Mr. Langdon and I'm afraid you didn't make the cut.

'He started laughing and clapped his hands together.'

"I'm sorry. I was going to let you have your moment; but I couldn't hold it in."

'I felt my blood start to boil. Does he think this is a damn joke??.'

You think this is funny?!

'I asked as I clenched my teeth together and harshly tapped my cane against the floor.'

'His face turned serious again.'

'He rose up out of his chair.'

"I think I'm impressed Miss Venable. You passed. You're perfect for the sanctuary."

'I smirked to myself.'

Miss Mead.

'I said.'

'She slowly pulled out her gun and I smirked.'

"I wouldn't do that."

'Langdon said in a very strange, calming voice.'

'I was wondering what in the hell was taking Mead so long to shoot him.'

Miss Mead.

'I said in a warning tone.'

'I turned around to look at her.. she had tears in her eyes and slowly moved the gun from Langdon and pointed it at me. I felt fear, sadness and betrayal run it's course through my body. Before I could even say anything Mead pulled the trigger. I felt pain in chest and it spread throughout my body. It was getting harder to breathe and even harder to stand up. I collapsed on the floor. I was laying in my own pool of blood, slowly dying.'