chapter eight

jack gilinsky

i wake up with a light body pressed against mine. I smile and remember, it's cora. "cora baby." i whisper in her hair. "hmm" she says rubbing her head against my chest. "i'm going to go use the restroom, stay asleep." I say and she nods releasing me out of her grip.

I walk into the bathroom and take a piss. I look around remembering last night, the kiss, Madison, cora crying, That stupid ass that tried raping her. I can't fathom what cora is going through right now.

After i get done in the bathroom i take a look at cora, and how beautiful she is, but i know she will never date me. I frown and make my way downstairs where sleeping people are scattered everywhere. beer bottles and broken glass, weed all over the counters. It smells like a frat party.

"jack?" i hear a voice coming downstairs. "yes harper?" i say starting to pick up beer cans. "ha-have you seen jj?" she asks getting teared up. i drop my bottles and walk up to her. "um no, want me to help look for him?" i ask  and she nods as a tear slips down her cheek. "please god don't let me find him with another girl." she whispers.

If jj did anything stupid i will kill him. I go to the living room and find him instantly, he isn't with another girl, He is passed out on the couch.  thank goodness. "found him!" i yelled and i hear groans coming from people on the ground. Sorry your wasted, not my fault.

"thank god!" she through her head back in relief. she goes over to him and starts waking him up as i go back to cleaning everything up. I see jj and harper going up stairs, her legs wrap around his waste while he carries her up.

JJ and harper have been dating for about 3 weeks, and i really think he found the girl of his dreams. He non-stop talks about her. I think i'm going to be the same way about cora.

2 hours later ~~~

After I get everything picked up and getting everyone up and  out , it's already about 2:00 pm. I groan from tiredness and head back up stairs. i hear banging and moans from the room next to cora's and i laugh.

harper and jj are really going at it right now.

I walk back onto Cora's room as my phone rings.

"yo what's up?" i say to my manager. "hey um when are you coming back? we have to start making ideas for your new album." he says. "i'll be back soon, i'll call you when i'm on my way." i say and hang up. i look around cora's room and see something.

It's a poster, for UNL, a university in Nebraska. Then i remember, cora is graduating, she isn't going to UNL is she? god i hope not.

"jack?" i hear her raspy voice say from the bed. "uh hey cora." i say awkwardly. "what's wrong?" she asks. "oh nothing, are you umm... going to college?" i ask looking down at my shoes. "jack i-" she starts, "I've always wanted to go to Nebraska, I got accepted in May." she says not looking at me.

"so your just going to leave huh?" i ask kinda angry. "jack- no. well yes.." she stutters. "you can't just kiss someone and not tell them you are leaving!" i yell. "jack i didn't even think of it , we have only known each other for one day, and i didn't know how you felt.." she trails off.

"that's some bullshit, you can't tell me i didn't make it clear that i had feelings for you!" i scream. "really jack, we have only known me for one day." she rolls out of bed and walks up to me.

"YOUR LEAVING ME CORA YOUR GOING ALL THE WAY TO FUCKING NEBRASKA! you let me catch feelings and your leaving anyways." i ball up my fist and clenched my jaw. Then everything started making sense. "that's why, that is why you didn't want to be with me." i say looking at her eyes. "jack no..." she trails off again.

i roll my eyes as i turn and walk to the door. I hesitantly open the door, but before i close it i say something i knew i would regret.

"madison wouldn't leave." i look into her eyes. Her face falls while i slam the door shut.