II

Atiya pov
We all were anticipating Horus being crowned when...
"Wait, wait. Sorry I'm late. Two days to cross the desert, and nearly one more to pass through all your admirers." A strong voice rang out we all parted for Set as he walked onto the platform. Osiris smiled ad embraced his brother. They exchanged words and Set turned to Horus. They also spoke and finally Set presented a hunting horn to his nephew.
"From Set." Horus anouced.
"Come on, let Ra himself hear you." Horus blew the horn letting the sound linger in the air. Suddenly the sound of marching could be heard.
"What's going on?" I asked Zaya. Before she could answer I heard Set speak.
"I think someone heard you." Soldiers pushed through the crowd and pointed their spears at us. I couldn't find Zaya or Bek anywhere. I turned back to the scene in front of me only to watch as Set stabbed his brother.
"Well this truly is a big day for the family." Set shouted.
"Zaya!" I called out as loud as I dared.
"I Set shall be your one true king, king of all Egypt. Behold the fate of those who stand in my way. Gods, bow before me or die. Mortals, worship me or be enslaved." I debated bowing or remaining defiant. Hesitantly, yet gracefully I lowered myself to the ground, catching Set's eye as he smirked at how hesitant I was.
"Zaya!" I tried again. No response
"My brother thought the afterlife was a gift. I think a king should have higher standards. From now on you have to buy your way in with riches earned. I watched as Horus gripped the spear his uncle had given him and tried to fight him. Without thinking I stood up but did not rush forward. I looked on in horror as Set finally took down Horus. The crowd started running and pushing I finally had the courage to scream out.
"ZAYA!" Still nothing. I raced through people trying desperately to find my sister and brother-in-law. I turned in time to see Set take Horus' eyes. I quickly averted my eyes, only hearing two words said "NO!" and "SET!" Everything after that was a blur.

Le time skip

Narrator's pov
And so, Set was king. In the year that followed many gods stood against him. One by one they paid with their lives. For mortals, things were worse. Most were forced into slavery and denied even the tiniest penny to buy our way into the afterlife. Blinded and defeated Horus withdrew into exile. Those who prayed for him to save Egypt were sorely disappointed. But I was never much for prayer. I had found Zaya and Atiya enslaved to a cruel master. But how could I free them from all this? It was the maddest of all plans.

Atiya pov
The shutter blew open, blowing my raven hair into my face. Urshu's scrolls fell to the ground and I rushed to clean them.
"You may not control the wind Zaya, but I think you could close a shutter." Urshu muttered.
"Sorry lord." Zaya whispered. I quickly gathered some of the scrolls. I placed them on the desk and sighed.
"Pretty one," he addressed me and continued, "if ever I find my desk disorganized again I'll throw your sister outside to push stone. Is that clear?" I silently nodded and with that he left. I went back to organizing his desk.
"I'd like to drop him from a great height. Morning." I turned as smiled at Bek. I allowed Bek and Zaya to talk smiling happily and clutched my necklace, maybe things would be fine after all.
Necklace:

Le time skip

Le time skip

Zaya and I were waiting with forlorn expressions for Bek.
"Zaya. Atiya." His cheerful voice rang out. I turned to him, tears running down my cheeks.
"I'm so sorry." I whispered. He gave me a confused look.
"As if using my house for your fornicating wasn't enough. You dare steal from the king?" Urshu was deathly calm.
"Bek." Zaya wimpered.
"I pride myself in an orderly office Zaya, you never did understand that, and these pathetic trinkets won't save any of you I afraid. Set is your god." He smirked.
"It was all my idea." Bek claimed.
"LIAR!" Urshu yelled causing me to jump. "Give me back what you took." Bek placed a necklace in his hand. He smirked and grabbed my wrist. "Thank you. Feed them to the jackals." He started pulling me away.
"Wait I took something else too." Bek gave a subtle warning for me to close my eyes so I did. I heared Urshu scream.
"Atiya!" Zaya pulled me into Urshu's chariot along with Bek.
"You did it. Where's the other." Zaya exclaimed as we rode through the streets. Suddenly I felt something fly past my head. I turned and gasped when I saw an arrow embedded in my older sisters chest.
"No!" I yelled. Bek turned and pulled the arrow from out of her chest.
"I love you both forever. Death is not the end." She smiled before falling limp in my arms.