Chapter Twenty-Five - I'm Sorry

I won't lose. 

I won't lose.

I won't lose.

I won't-

My eyes flickered open, again, I was surrounded by dust particles I've grown to loathe. I was back here again, yet all was silent. I took the opportunity to investigate. The cold sweat from earlier left me with a musty smell that I feel rather agitated over, yet I shrugged it off and kept on exploring. 

Nothing was in my sight as I looked around, standing over wrecked buildings and cautiously stepping past, respectfully, the bodies of the dead, I was truly alone. There was nothing. Nothing. And for some reason I was relieved. Why am I relieved? 

I gasped, looking down at my palms in realisation, the cuts on my palms were now scabbing themselves away, what's going on?

What day is it? 

My hair blew to the left due to the forceful winds as I stared towards my front, what was going on? I took steps further, looking around to see what I could find. Nothing in sight. No person, animal, creature, breathing soul thriving on the planet Earth anymore. Nobody, except me. 

The smell of decay rusted my nose, I had to shush away the gruesome smell as I tried to uncover the mysteries of what happened, the brief moments I'm experiencing now is what is going to happen at some point in the future, just like Scarlett spoke. 

The time 4:08 meant something, but she was rather vague about it, maybe she didn't know herself, but 4:08 meant something and that's what I vouge to uncover, no matter the cost. No matter the suffering. Everyone will be free from the apocalypse. Everyone will reach their destiny. Everyone will thrive to success. 

I won't lose. I will never lose. Nothing can stop me, nothing will ever stop me, I'm strong, powerful, I may not be able to control what I have just yet, but I'm getting their. I'm number one, I've got this. 

I felt a confident grin lock onto my face as I stared off into the abyss.

I won't lose. 

A piercing pain stabbed into my side, I yelped out in agony as I woke up, and right now, at this very moment, I was laying in the middle of the floor of Vivian's bedroom. I sat myself up, resting my head on the edge of the bed, my hair messily spread out amongst my face as I stared off into the ceiling, I was still burning, and I felt dizzy, light-headed and irritated because of it. 

Hastily, I crawled back onto Vivian's bed, resting my arms against the window sill that was above her bed, I extended my arm out, lacing my fingers around the handle, pushing the window open. The cold air of the early morning whisked around my body, cooling me down, it didn't do much but I felt more at ease 

Cautiously, I climbed onto the window sill, looking out into the sun rising sky, I reached down onto the bed, beside the pillow where I had left my phone, scooping it up. I turned it 180 degrees so it was back to normal and turned it on. 

It was 4:08 in the morning. 

What a surprise. 

I sighed to myself as I heard Vivian's bedroom door creak open, in it I saw a surprisingly awake Scarlett, "You're awake!" she cheered, but rather quietly. I nodded my head before furrowing my eyebrows, "Yeah, but, why are you awake?" I questioned. 

"Me, Chi and Vivian made a deal that we'd stay up all night, but alas, I was the only one who accomplished that mission as it's turning to the crack of dawn." she explained, I nodded my head in understanding, I gave a light shrug, "I guess that makes sense." I spoke up.