but there's no talking dog up here

"Will it be nice papa?" The young, excited boy Billy asked his father.
"It's kindergarten, Billy! It's loads of fun," his father replied, "Nothing better than it."
Billy finished his bowl of coco pops and ecstatically jumped out of his spot on the couch. Looking at himself in the mirror, he wore his favourite Spider-Man shirt, hoping that the kids at school liked Spider-Man as well.
"Do you think the students will like Spider-Man?" He asked, snapping into a Spider-Man pose, pretending to shoot webs out of his fingers.
"Hopefully boy," his father replied, ruffling Billy's long and messy brown hair.
Billy could not wait to finally go to school! He'd dreamed so much about all the new things he'd learn at school, and all the friends he'd make! He would learn how to read, and write!
Billy's father put his empty mug of coffee in the sink. "It's 8:00 o'clock, time to go."
Billy's heart skipped a beat, he ran towards his father and held onto his hand.
~
The car ride went by in a quick blur, and Billy had arrived. He marched his way up to his classroom.
K-1.
He opened the door with spectacular confidence, expecting a room full of warm and welcoming smiles. He walked in, and he got smiles. Not the ones he wished for, though. For the kids we're all laughing and pointing at his shirt, teasing.
Billy lost a feel for his legs and broke down, the faces of laughter all blurring together with his tears.
He began the world's most pathetic cry.