FIVE

Ashiah's POV:

Beep. Beep.

I woke up to the alert notification sounds from my phone going off and stretched and yawned before reaching for my phone. Glancing at my screen I saw a group text from Von and Lincoln.

Von: Hey, hot stuff! We just got done talking to your dad and we are still alive!

Lincoln: We miss you! Did your dad tell you about being in all the same classes? That dude is pretty smart.

Ashiah: lol yeah he told me. It's awesome! I miss you guys too!

Von: Get some sleep kitten. We will see you soon! I love you!

Lincoln: I love you too! Sweet dreams, sweetheart.

Ashiah: Goodnight! I love you both so much!

Declan's POV:

"You all sit outside while, I have a talk with your principal!" I ordered them before I walked into the main office. Great! This is going to be awkward as hell. How many of these conversations am I going to have to have this week?

"Hello, how may I help you?" A short older woman asked from behind the desk.

"Hi, My name is Declan my daughter goes here. I need to speak with the principal." I informed her of the reason for my visit.

"Yes, Sir! I will just let him know you are here." She told me as she went to pick up the phone on her desk. She pressed a few buttons and I heard a dial tone.

"There is a man here named Declan he wishes to speak to you about his daughter. Yes, Sir, I'll send him right in." She said looking at me and gesturing me towards the principals office. I thanked her and made my way over to his door and knocked on it a couple of times.

"Come in!" I heard through the door as I turned the door handle and walked in.

"Hello. My name is Declan Kingston and I wish to talk to you about my daughter Ashiah who is a student here." I said.

"Please take a seat Mr. Kingston. What can I do for you?" He asked as I sat down across from him.

"My daughter is in a unique situation that will probably cause her to be bullied. To avoid this I'm requesting that Von Walker and Lincoln Patterson be put in all of her classes. They are her boyfriends." I notified him, sternly as I cleared my throat to try to clear the tension I was feeling from the uncomfortable conversation.

"That is a unique situation, indeed. I will take care of their schedules now. Ever since the ME TOO movement and the new letters being added to LGBT I tend not to ask too many questions and try to go with the flow." He informed me in a defensive manner as he typed quickly into his computer.

"Thank you, Mr. Tompkins! I greatly appreciate it." I graciously told him and he briefly looked up from his computer to nod at me. Moments later three pieces of paper came out of the printer and he handed them to me.

"It's all taken care of. Now you have a good day!" He said as I got up from the chair to make my way out.

"You have a good day as well!" I responded on my way out of the door, leaving the office. I waved goodbye to the secretary and exited the office into the hallway. Looking at my daughters boyfriends I internally rolled my eyes.

"Its all handled. Here are your schedules. Boys give me a moment with my daughter will you." I asked. They nodded and headed to the end of the hall waiting.

"Thank you, Daddy!" Ashiah said grabbing me into a hug.

"Anything for my princess! Now I have to get to work. Have a great day!" I told her with a kiss to her forehead. I watched her walk toward her boyfriends and I instinctively groaned out loud. My fists were clenched tightly and my chest felt like it was caving in. I would give anything for her to be a baby again. Where did the time go?