Chapter 12 Trenches Through The Fires

I woke up inside the hut in the Ainmithe village, laying in my hammock. The air was very humid, the sun has not even risen yet because the trees were so tall and dense. It was still fairly dark out. I sat up and looked around the room, everyone else was still asleep. Such a peaceful morning that would surly lead to much pain and violence. But it was all for the greater good of this world.

I walked outside to find most of the Ainmithe already awake, they were all gathered around a giant fire already eating. Gouna turned around and saw me.

"Come here and eat with us Raina bird." She said holding out food to me.

I smiled and gladly took some of the food she offered me and sat down next to her.

I ate the food, that was mostly a mixture of different fruits. I saw Fidi sitting on the other side of Gouna.

"How are you liking it here? Would you like to explore the rest of this world?" I asked her.

She looked around first, then looked at me. "I actually quiet like it here, I do not wish to leave. I am very happy here, and I do not want to go back to my village." Fidi told me.

I was shocked. "Wow really. Okay then, it's your choice. But you should tell Asimi, she might have to tell your father."

She looked down. "That is the reason why I am staying. I am not happy in my village because of my father. I do not want to rule when he is gone, I do not agree with his choices. I want our people to be able to travel this world and to see it's people, not fight them."

"Then you should go back to rule. You could change that, you can change the rules and lead your people to believe that." I told her.

She looked at me. "Maybe one day. But I need time to think." Fidi said.

Gouna patted her on the back. "Do not worry fish girl, my village will take good care of you. When you do leave, come back and bring your entire village, we will celebrate and have enough food to feed them all for a grand welcoming." She said laughing.

"Do not talk like it will actually happen so easily." Fidi said.

Gouna frowned, then Fidi giggled.

I smiled at them.

"Hey, good morning Raina." Tarra said as she sat down next to me.

I looked over and saw everyone else was awake, they all sat down after Tarra.

"Mornin everyone, did you sleep good?" I asked.

"Yeah, those hammocks are so comfy." Kary stated.

"They remind me of the beds back at my kingdom. I think they're made of leaves." Amber said.

"Why didn't you wake us up Raina, I could have slept the whole day away." Luke worried.

We all laughed at him.

"Well, you all looked so comfy, and the sun wasn't up yet" I told them.

They smiled at me.

"Would you be surprised if the sun would grow darker?" Someone spoke.

Our smiles fell, and we all grew quiet.

I turned around to see Asimi and Aurum.

"What do you mean by that Asimi?" I asked worried.

"Aes grows weaker as the Dark lord grows stronger." Asimi told us.

"His powers are from the sun, his soul is linked to it." Aurum said.

"Just like I am the moon, and he is the stars." Asimi stated.

I stood up and looked down. "I'm sorry Asimi, I didn't know. I should be taking things more seriously, considering the war on the horizon."