Chapter 2

Two

Sam was so out of breathe he felt as though he would collapse. Since they had left the club they hadn't stopped running, and that had to be ten minutes ago. Sam though he was healthy but this was ridiculous. She didn't seem to be tired or slowing down either. Sam stopped and leaned against a wall.

“C….Can we stop” he called as loud as he could. She turned and rolled her eyes seeing him leaning against the wall panting for breath.She looked around to scan the surroundings and saw a small alley so she grabbed his arm and pulled him down to the bottom of it so they could hide while he caught his breath. Sam watched her sit down against the wall and sat next to her. She shuffled away a little and Sam looked at the ground taking some deep breaths.

“So” said Sam trying to start a conversation. “what was that...thing..you did to Charles back at the club”.

She rolled her eyes and looked at Sam.

“You sure do pick your moments don't you. Do you asked questions all the time?” she asked sarcastically but Sam just kept looking at her waiting for an answer. She sighed.

“ Most things will be explained to you when we get to where we are going ok, but what I did is just what I do, I got your ass out of there, you're welcome” she said.

Sam then rolled his eyes earning a sharp glare from her.

“Thats not what I meant” he mumbled causing her to smirk. “Can I atleast know your name, since you saved my ass?”

Sam watched as she looked to be considering it. Then she sighed.

“You can call me Dee” she said though she sounded annoyed telling him. She kept her eyes to the ground and Sam sighed.

They sat there for a few more minutes and things were silent except for the breathing of the two of them and the traffic at the other end of the alley. Sam took a deeper breath and tried again to start a conversation.

“So...do you know why they were so interested in me” asked Sam curiously causing Dee to make eye contact again and Sam could see the shadows moving in them.

“Your special, or you will be, to a lot of people” she said though her eyes kept examining him, like she was waiting for a specific reaction but Sam was just stunned and very confused.

“That...Thats not true, I’m not special, how am I..I can't do what you did in there, i mean that was special..but I can't do that” sam stuttered and his eyes just got wider and wider while he babbled which resulted in making Dee laugh.

“No, no you can't do what I did, but you do have your own ability which a lot of people will want on their side when everything goes down” she said standing and brushing herself off a little bit, still smirking.

“What’s gonna go down” asked Sam, once again curious but Dee just shook her head.

“Thats for Mr Grey to explain, we have to get moving, incase you forgot, youre being looked for” she said holding out her hand to help him up. He accepted the hand and pulled himself up using her help but before he could thank her she had already took off running again. He sighed and followed her wondering how much further they had to go.