hue; protective

“Is everybody ready? [YN]?”

You ran out of the ship, making sure your satchel was secure on your shoulder. This would be the first action you'd seen since the rebellion against Lord Commander, and you were determined to make it memorable.

“Yeah, I'm ready! No, mega-ready! And, I know we're here to find a dimensional key, but I'm also hoping to find some cool souvenirs? I heard KVN saying something about an infinity ball-”

“ωαιт ʝυѕт σηє мιηυтє.”

Everyone turned around at the sound of HUE's robotic voice. He (slowly) walked over to where you stood before taking your hand in his cold metallic one. You sighed. Ever since HUE had always been more-than-obvious with his attraction to you. Getting a body was just the enhancement he needed to take it to the next level- physical contact.

“ιƒ [YN] ιѕ gσιηg, ѕσ αм ι. ωє'яє α ωση∂єя ∂υσ. ℓιкє вαтмαη αη∂ яσвιη.”

Gary looked at HUE, and then at you. He inhaled, clasping his hands together and nervously smiling at his friend.

“That's great HUE. But, we're kind of on a time-limit here. A limit of as-quick-as-possible. And you're kind of...”

“кιη∂ σƒ ωнαт? ѕαу ιт gαяу.”

You let go of HUE's hand and stood in front of him so that Gary was blocked from view.

“What Gary's trying to say is that we have this under control. And that you're needed on the ship. And that I'll be fine.”

HUE hung his head for a moment, and then lifted it.

“νєяу ωєℓℓ. вυт кησω σηє тнιηg-”

(he had paused here to move around you and look at Gary)-

“ιƒ αηутнιηg нαρρєηѕ тσ [YN] ι ωιℓℓ мαιм єνєяуσηє ση тнιѕ тєαм, αη∂ тнєη муѕєℓƒ.”

Gary laughed, but you could hear the subtle fear behind it. You chuckled and hugged HUE.

“I'll be back soon. Keep the sundae bar cool for me!”

HUE watched with adoration as you followed the others into the heart of Serepentis. If only he had a better body...

“There's a sundae bar?” <--- gary

“Of course not.”