little cato; flirting

“Are you today's date? Because you're fourteen out of ten.”

You snickered, leaning back in your chair.

“Okay, that was actually lame. Are these the best pickup lines you know?”

Little Cato groaned, putting his head down on the table.

“These are the only pickup lines I know. And they're not even mine. I got them from Gary. Except that last one, that was Tribore's.”

You smiled, playing with the zipper on your outfit.

“Ah, that's why they've been so bad. Why don't you just compliment me like a normal pers- Ventrexian?”

Little Cato looked up at you curiously.

“That would work? I thought you liked smooth one-liners.”

“That only applies to hot actors in fanfiction. You just have to be yourself.”

Little Cato thought about what you said before sitting up. He took a deep breath and then shyly smiled.

“Okay. Um... I like how you're always so laid-back. And, you have a great.... voice?”

You laughed loudly this time, making Little Cato blush. As you calmed down, you reached across the table to grab his hand.

“So you're naturally bad at this. Just forget about the sweet-talk; I like you too.”

Little Cato smiled and squeezed your hand. He had a long way to go before he became a “cool cat” but if you liked him in all his dorky glory, then he was fine with the wait.