Chapter 32: WINGS ARE MADE TO FLY

Just like the name of their album WINGS, the boys soar high. Blood Sweat and Tears achieved an all-kill on 8 music charts and all the songs in the album have taken the spots on Melon and Genie chart. The achievement made by BTS is unprecedented and is a groundbreaking change to the unspoken KPOP industry rule.

19 November 2016, Melon Music Award

The first Daesang (Grand Prize); Album Of The Year; The Most Beautiful Moment of Life (HYYH) Young Forever. The Nominees (EXO; SM), (BTS, BIGHIT), (PSY, YG), (AKMU, YG), (Jang BeomJun). 

Never did the boys thought that it was them. Rapmon did not even prepare a speech for the win.

🐨 Rapmon: Ne. Really... thank you to those who made us, help us and protect us. Really thank you for the love and constant push for us. This is by far the greatest award we have received so far since debut. Bang ShiHyuk PD-nim, BIGHIT Ent. Staff, our family, and friends. Thank you. ARMY Saranghae! ARMY I LOVE YOU!

2 December 2016, MNet Asian Music Award

The Second Daesang; Artist of the Year. The Nominees are EXO, Twice, BTS, GFRIEND, Taeyeon. BTS is also THE FIRST GROUP NOT FROM THE BIG 3 COMPANIES to receive 2 Daesang in a Year.

23 December 2016

Since BTS is always busy for all the various year-end awards in December. I decided to go on my first trip traveling alone to Europe by myself for a month. But I received a piece of bad news that Yoongi tripped and fell at the bathroom door curb and hurt his outer ear. 

Kakao Video Chat

🦉Jihye: How is your ear now?

🐱Yoongi: It still hurts a little. But the doctor said it's just superficial injury, nothing serious. But it is important to refrain from all the strenuous activities.

🦉Jihye: How did you even fell on it?

🐱Yoongi: I was groggy from waking up and miss afoot when going to the bathroom.

🦉Jihye: Should I end the trip earlier and come back?

🐱Yoongi: No. Don't worry about me. I don't want you to cancel your vacation because of my stupid mistake. Have fun for me instead.

🦉Jihye: How are you going to spend these few weeks then?

🐱Yoongi: I'll work on the songs as usual. Recently I'm talking to a few Hyungs for collaborations. Tablo Hyung from EpikHigh, we met each other recently and he invited me for a drink.

🦉Jihye: Everyone loves your collaboration with SURAN-ssi. So Far Away is really good with her voice. 

🐱 Yoongi: Yeah. I'm really thankful to her. SURAN-nuna is really underrated in the indie genre. She sings, rap and produces too. I'm so impressed with her producing. Recently, I'm actually writing a song to return the favor. It will turn out awesome.

I don't know why. Listening to Yoongi complimenting another female make me feel slightly insecure. Ever since the release of So Far Away, there were many ARMYs been shipping the two of them. I have also overheard the radio interview on 2 months ago. Yoongi mentioned that he clicks really well with SURAN-ssi. That instant, I wouldn't deny that I did feel a little sour. But I wouldn't want to mention it to Yoongi. Otherwise, I might be seen as oversensitive.

------

During the one-month Europe trip alone, I have been doing a lot of thinking. I also brought Namjoon's copy of Damien for reading. I have always been curious about the story behind Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

Damien tells a chronicle of how a young man's intellectual outlook was transformed by a series of mentors and other acquaintances, Demian decries unquestioning conformity to familiar schools of thought, advocating, instead, independent thinking unrestrained by authorities, precedents, herd mentality and even mentors. In doing so, Hesse believed we could discover our inner selves and fulfill our purposes in life. That is not some type of hedonistic exercise indulged by those intimidated by responsibilities and ordinary challenges. On the contrary, it exposes one to pain and fear, as he detaches himself, with great effort, from mechanisms and structures that have offered him predictability and social affirmation thus far, and ventures alone into the unknown.

Namjoon has made many notes and highlights on some quotes. There is this particular quote that stays unwavering in my mind after I finished reading. It also appeared in Jin oppa's solo track

'The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world.'

I have been reaching a slump of creativity for months. It has been 4 years since I started drawing webtoon. Am I going to live my life this way? What is the purpose and meaning of my life? I want changes but I'm fearful. I am afraid to destroy this beautiful life with Yoongi. I have been supporting Yoongi full-heartedly ever since his panic attack in Kobe one year ago that I neglected my own work and life. I rejected all the overseas internships and scholarships invitation because I want to be there to support Yoongi whenever he needs me. 

I love him so much that I realize that I'm losing myself day by day. Am I going to live as SUGA's girlfriend as the label of my life? Or as Y/N? If I want a world of my own. I need to destroy the one I have now.

------

January 2017

Keeping to my promise with Yoongi's mum. Yoongi and I went to Daegu and deliver our New Year greetings. Yoongi's mum prepared lots of awesome food. We spent 5 days in Daegu, staying in Yoongi's place. I finally get to meet Holly and Yoongi looks so happy to spend time with Holly.