Chapter 36

TDP POV

"Happy Birthday Day to you,
Happy Birthday Day to youuu"

The family and friends of the Walter family sang cheerfully as Isabel watch in excitement and the feeling of peace knowing she got these lovely people here to celebrate her seventh birthday. She was genuinely happy even though she wanted to spend this special day with her mom, dad and the expected baby only.

"Come on baby blow off the lit candle and make a wish" Missy said encouraging a smiling Isabel after the birthday song had ended.

She cheerfully did. Clapping heartily at her success. Few family gathered around the snack table to help her cut the cake.

Isabel quickly took one of the cupcakes of the table and licked the icing making people laugh. Just like her they could not wait to eat the cake too.

"Happy birthday baby" her gogo Regina said giving her her gift.
Missy's grandparents had just arrived, they missed the cake cutting and other moments due to traffic on their way.

"Thank you gogo Reg" Isabel said hugging her

"Here baby" Papa said handing her a band of money

"That's too much papa" Missy interferes before Bella could take the money.

"She's my great  gran baby Mismarada, and anything for her" papa said rolling his eyes.

"Duhh, she's just seven" Missy shot back calmly

Everyone was having fun as Bella chatted among her little close friends happily. Although she didn't have much friends she basically kept few close.

Dickson, Gerald, Mattew, Mr. Donaldson (papa) and other male families were in the living room doing men talk while Missy, Regina, Dickson's mom Trina and mother's of Bella's friends chatted.

"So how far are you?" Rosa asked Missy amazed at how huge her stomach is

"30 weeks" she said tiredly sipping on her juice

"Wow! And your huge!" One of the women said
Missy found her choice of words a bit uncomfortable. She felt as though she just indirectly called her fat

"She's expecting four babies!" Ella joked making the women giggle

"Is it true?" A petite but beautiful woman asked with a wild eye.

"Of course not!" Missy replied before Ella's loud mouth could say something slick
"Just one healthy baby girl" she added

"When is the baby shower?" The petite woman asked excitedly

"There ain't going to be one" Missy said nonchalantly

True there wasn't going to be a baby shower, the baby being breech put her into a mild depression, after the baby became unbreeched two week ago, she didn't want to do anything to stress herself and peanut.

After a few ohs and why's from the ladies they went on enjoying the party.
Trina looked around the men and a feeling of sadness hit her. She missed her ex husband sometimes, although he did her and her son bad she always prayed for God to change his mind and heart but as the years went by she realized somethings are never meant to be.

Regina noticed the sadness in Trina's eyes. Shaking her head she offered her another class of wine which Trina gladly accepted smiling wild now.

The old folks enjoyed their moment as they watched the young ones play and make a mess.

"How's is it like having a family?" Gerald asked the men. Being a man who didn't really grew up around a peaceful family he had doubts on settling down.

"Been with Regina for almost 40years son and it's been a wonderful experience. I married my soul you know, we got our ups and downs but we always bounce right back" papa Donaldson proudly said

"Damn that's some weird 40years, Grandma Regina is mean as hell" Gerald joked

People see Regina as mean because of the way she carries herself confidently and how she doesn't take bad remarks from no one.

"My wife is a sweetheart, ask Dickson ha" papa laughed. "You just got to know her" he added

"Mr. Donaldson is right though. I thought she was mean too but she's a darling. About family, it's been great, I love Missy and it's a mutual feeling and that's all that really matters. Love"

"Ella got some attitude sometimes but man I love that girl" Mattew said

"Women are complicated, right. But it takes an understanding man to understand them." Rosa's husband Nabil said

Gerald hummed listening to his fellow men honestly brag about their families and loved ones.

He still had doubt and no one could blame him because he grew up from a chaotic home. He had watch his father physically and verbally abuse his mother almost everyday causing her mother's death.

He had lost his only sister during that time. A car ran into her while she was trying to escape from their father's attempt to beat her.

Although his father got arrested and sentenced life in prison. His constant letters of apologies to him over the years could never bring back his mother and sister.

His mood lit up as the men switch the topic sports.

"Thank you so much for coming" Missy thanked the last person as everyone left.

As the skies darken most of the kids had fallen asleep so the parents had to take them home.

The adults helped out with the cleaning before leaving, they didn't want a pregnant Missy doing all the work.

"I'm so happy!! Best birthday ever!" An excited Bella shouted as her mom and dad smiled at her

They were equally happy to be able to make their daughter's birthday special. It warm their hearts that their efforts didn't go to waste.

All they wanted was their child's happiness.

"Can in have a slice of cake again mommy?" Bella asked with a poppy eye

Before she Missy could reply, Dickson had already handed a plate of sliced red velvet cake to Bella saying

"Anything for you Princess"
Missy glared at him. He knew that she had had so much sugar for today. Dickson gave her a pleading eye murmuring "it's still her day"

She rolled her eyes and made her way upstairs to get ready for bed. Her feet were hurting and she could use a massage from Dickson.

"Brush your teeth before going to bed Little Princess. I love you, you are beautiful and please Dickson I need a massage!" She shouted

"Love you too mommy. You are beautiful" Isabelle shouted back

"Your mom didn't say she loves me too, ouch that hurts so bad" Dickson said faking being hurt

Isabelle just shook her head and giggle at her dad's act.

About Gerald's story. Let's say NO! to all form of abuse!!!
Vote. Comment. Share 💕