Chapter twenty

-Luke's pov-

As I walked up the pathway towards Ellie's house, I couldn't help but smile uncontrollably.  I couldn't believe I was finally going out on a date with her. I love this girl so much and I can't imagine being without her.

I enthusiastically knocked on the door and took a step back, holding my hands down in front of me.

Moments later Ellie's mum answered the door with a huge grin on her face.

"Hello Luke" she chirped "come in" she said, moving out of the way and opening the door wider.

I stepped in cautiously and slowly.

"Good evening" I said, leaning in to hug her "it's good to see you again"

She hugged me back and pushed the door with her foot.

"You to" she said " You look so handsome Luke" she winked at me and smiled.

I laughed to myself before replying "thanks. I gotta look good for my date, don't I?" I gave her a small cheesy grin before I followed her into the kitchen. I sat down at the table whilst she stood near the sink.

Carol was such a lovely and hard working lady. I respected her for everything she does; looking after her family, maintaining a house and constantly cooking delicous meals. In other words, she was the perfect mother.

"Ellie will be down soon, she's almost ready" she told me. I gave her a nod and a quick "thanks".

"Would you like anything whilst you're waiting?" She asked, posed ready to jump at my orders.

"No thank you, I'm fine" I informed her.

"Ok, well if you need anything just call" she said before walking out of the kitchen.

"I'll just go check on Ellie" and with that she was out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Leaving me to sit by myself while I waited for my date.

-Ellie's pov-

I was frantically running around my room, throwing on make-up, putting on my dress and trying to fix my messy hair. I was in such a rush that I didn't notice when my mum came into my room. She walked over to me and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey mum" I squeked as I sat at my mirror.

"How you doing?" She asked. Obviously oblivious to my stressed aura.

"I'm almost ready" I lied. Sending a quick fake smile her way.

"Good" she answered "Lukes here" she calmly added.

My body stiffened and I held my breath, almost panicking.

"Really?" I screamed "will you help me mum?" I asked, sighing and flopping my arms down by my sides.

"Of course I will" she said.

~

After a hectic half hour of sorting out my wild hair, squeezing into my skimpy dress and applying a tone of make-up I was ready for my date. My heart was pounding and I found myself smiling at the mirror as I stood there in my tight purple dress, examining the perfect job my mother had done on my make-up and my now curly, long, hair.

"You look beautiful Ellie" my mum chirped behind me.

Honestly,  I was beautiful.  This was the most beautiful I had felt in a while. I mean, I had always made an effort with myself because I was quite self-concious and always wanted to look my best. But now I looked even better than I could have ever imagined.