Chapter One - Part Two

PART TWO OF SIMON'S BOOK:
The world around me is even scarier than before ever since I have first experienced it from a wheelchair. My anxiety had gotten worse, I practically suffocate every time I leave the asylum. The Doctor thinks I'm going insane, I'm having hallucinations about the creatures I'm seeing. Tall, thin figures carrying chainsaws and voodoo pins sticking out their narrow heads. My mind is tormenting me, my accident has triggered something bad.

IN SIMON'S MIND:
I was faced with the decision of either taking the door or possibly being sawed in half by a surprise Sawrunner, even just the thought shook me. I gulped and placed my hand on the door, pushing it open cautiously. I remembered it was dark in the long narrow tunnels, and my phone was still tightly gripped in my hand from the mysterious text. I activated the flashlight and stepped in rather bravely, pulling out my switchblade once again. My eyes looked down to the floor as soon as I set foot into the tunnels. A tape recorder was laid on the floor before my feet, and I frowned. "It's an old tape recorder...maybe I can use it to record all my memories and experiences." I muttered, picking it up gently. "Hm...but I haven't got a tape..." I pouted a bit in disappointment so I put it in my bag instead.

I took the many corners of each tunnel until I walked past a door, oblivious that it was partially open. A small hand opened it slightly as I wandered past to a dead end. I spotted blood splattered on the floor and up the walls but no body. I looked around in the crimson mess. "What happened here? Somebody die or something?" As soon as the thought left my head, there was a loud crash and the door behind me came down. One of the monstrous creatures I had seen before appeared; bloodshot eyes, blood covered face and clothes, it was even wearing my clothes just different colours. It leapt onto me to try and swing its hammer, in which I kicked it off with one leg. I stood up and pulled out my switchblade, stabbing it many times before it lay dead before me.

"Shit! What was that thing?! Was it after me?!" I gasped for air as I reaches for my mobile. "I've gotta call the police." I was stupid, I would've called the police hours ago if they were even still alive. I growled frustrated, no signal. I walked out the door leading outside again, and decided to sit down with my switchblade and clean it off.

I had time to think, about what this place was. And I had a pretty good idea.

This wasn't a "place", this was inside my real life counterpart's brain. All my emotions, my thoughts are creating the grotesque monsters who pop out from every shadow to torment me. My self-harming, my depression, my anxiety, they all created separate creatures to horrify me in this nightmare world. But I hadn't seen the worst of it yet, the real me's end would depend on two simple mistakes in my journey of descent.

If I made the wrong moves, my end would be a nightmare for me. My descent into the darkness of psychopathy would be complete and I'd become insane.