Chapter 2

Xavier's point of view

"I told you I don't want to go and engage into such silly things." I calmly state, not taking my eyes once away from the letter I was reading. I hear my beta sigh. He was currently forcing me to go to the club that I had opened not so long ago to ‘loosen up’. His words, not mine.

Damon has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We did almost everything together. He was the brother I never had and the only person I was close to.

Damon is twenty-four and hasn't found his mate yet. His blonde hair makes him look like a little child and his green eyes just complete the look. Even though he looks like a little boy, one shouldn’t be fooled by his appearance because he might as well lead you to your doom.

"Man, you have to come. It's been so long since you last partied, you sour puss." He pleads, sinking even further into the chair he was sitting on. I just give him a blank stare before shaking my head.

The last thing I want is my image of the cold alpha to be known as the party guy.

"Nope, don't want to ruin my image like you, blondie." I tease with a smirk on my face, it slightly widens when I see him narrow his eyes, glaring at me. I know how much he hates that nickname and of course, I absolutely love calling him that. His next words ignite a strange emotion inside me which I push aside and just simply throw my beta a blank stare.

"What if we find your mate there?" He suggests, wiggling his eyebrows with a creepy smile on his face.

"I don’t need a mate and you know that." I turned my attention back to the letter I was reading, ignoring my wolf who seemed to be going crazy inside my head because of the mention of our mate. He was just managing to rage the headache I was already suffering from.

"Well, I can already tell that by your excitement." His smug expression just manages to irritate me further but I don’t let it show. I mentally curse my wolf because he seems to be already putty with the thought of our mate and we haven’t even found her yet.

"Okay, fine, but only this one time, blondie." I sigh, standing up from my chair and fixing my blazer. Damon just rolls his eyes but I can see the little smile playing on his lips.

***

We arrive at the club and as usual, it is packed. The loud music could be heard from outside, it already felt like we were inside the club. Letting out a breath, I step out of the car along with Damon. The bouncer’s eyes widen when he notices us. Quickly giving us a low bow, he opens the door for us.

Stepping inside, I see people drinking, dancing and some who were dry humping one another. I cringe at the last one.

Sighing, I make my way to the VIP lounge that was specifically made for special friends and clients. The lounge had a huge window overlooking the dance floor, it was also soundproof so your ears don't blow up with the loud music and you could do business in peace. A soothing classical song was playing in the lounge, only a few people were around, most of them drinking or having girls dance for them.

"Hey, Xavier. Long time no see. May I help you?" Kayla whispers in a sultry tone, leaning down next to me, bringing her long and sharp nails across my chest.

"It's alpha Xavier for you and yeah, you can help me." I state, my voice cold and bare of any emotions. She flinches a bit at my cold voice but quickly composes herself, giving me a nod while biting her lip.

"Anything you want, alpha." She whispers in my ear. I push her back and look her dead in the eyes. Why does she think she has the permission to touch me?