Forty Five - Double 'O' no

She'd done as she said and got up a bit earlier, to make sure she didn't get burst in on by Jacob hurtling through her window as she got changed. Even though she knew he'd only been joking she didn't want to take any chances. She had time to get ready for school, most of her stuff was thankfully in her room, as she'd tried to concentrate her clutter in one spot after the nightmare of running around downstairs for everything yesterday.

When she was done, she made her bed and started to tidy a few things away. She went at normal human speed as she was trying to drag out things to do whilst she waited for Jacob to appear at the window.

There was a knock at her bedroom door, Renesmee opened it puzzled. On the other side stood a relaxed looking Jacob, leaning against her door frame. He looked extremely well groomed for this time of morning and wore his pair of dark blue jeans she liked so much with a simple fitted black t-shirt. Something inside her purred at his appearance as the rest of her managed to recover from his pleasant and unexpected arrival at her door. He'd always come in through the window if he knew she was upstairs.

"Are you suitably attired?" he said to her, leaning a little further towards her, to check her appearance, his arms remained resting against the door frame.

"Yea, I got ready ages ago just in case. How come you didn't come in through the window?"

"It would be improper for a gentleman to clamber through a lady's window unannounced," he said, with an attempt at some sort of posh voice.

"Is that some sort of euphemism?" she joked.
His resolve broke and he giggled.

"No, it most certainly isn't! Miss Cullen you'll make me blush," he replied, "You made me realise the other day that it's a little impolite to just burst into your room through the window, so I'd be grateful if you can humour me as I attempt to be a little more gentlemanly today."

She giggled at him as he maintained his act, she assumed that her rather old fashioned gesture yesterday might have brought on this, she found it amusing so played along as he continued.

"Perhaps you could start by accompanying me down to breakfast," he said, holding out an arm for her.

She smiled at him and took it, resting her hand on top of his arm. He led her down the hall and the stairs.

"So how was your evening?" she asked him.
He replied a little more casually.

"Yea it was good. Dad was pleased to see me, he asked when you would be coming around next as he's not seen you for a while."

"I've missed him too, perhaps could go round there this evening. Maybe even stay over?" She suggested innocently enough but her heart pounded a little quicker at the thought.

There would be none of her family around to spy on them, everything was a lot more relaxed round at The Blacks. It seemed that Jacob was having similar thoughts and looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"It almost sounds like you are trying to lead me astray again, what would that look like to the rest of the village if I had a lady over to spend the night? Extremely improper," he said, back into character, but gave her a quick wink.

"I'm afraid the villagers have already formed that opinion of you good sir, what with all the countless times I've stayed over there already. Your reputation is already being questioned, so it shouldn't matter too much if I stay over there again this evening."

They had now reached the Kitchen, Jacob let go of her briefly to pull out a chair, then taking her hand, guided her into the seat. In the process he responded to her.

"You make a lot of sense, it is something I will consider and get back to you with my verdict. Now we eat!" he said and busied himself in the Kitchen.