Chapter 10 Monster Trouble

"So you wanna work here. But it's not a place for mortals like you." Hades said. "But I'm half demon remember." Maia said. Hades thought about it. "Sorry, I can't do this." Hades said as he left.
  "Wait, can you play chess." Maia asked. "Ya." Hades replied. "If I win in the game, I will work here. If you win, up to you." Maia said. "Alright then." Hades said.
  "You know I play a lot of this." Hades said as he snapped that appeared a chess board. "Try me." Maia said. "Alright." Hades said.
  The play for hours for a checkmate. Maia moved her horse to checkmate into the king, but killed by the bishop. Maia gave him a sharp look and move the queen right to the king. The king moved to the right but he saw Maia's bishop was ready. Maia moved her castle to the king's space and Maia knew it was checkmate.
  "You're good." Hades said. "It means I got the job." Maia said. "Jenna says here you'll work with Chris." Hades said. "Okay. So what's my job." Asked Maia. "Well, I haven't have a deliverer. Would you like it." Hades said. Maia hugged him. "Thank you." Maia said.
  "First you deliver a package for Mr. Grell the troll in a mini market nearby." Hades said. "Thank you." Maia said.
                                 ***
  "So do you like Hades." Chris said as Maia's cheeks blushed. "No." Maia answered. "Are you sure." Chris said. "Just shushed, I'm busy here." Maia said. She looked at Chris and sighed.
  "I just, I don't know. It's complicated than I thought whether to choose you or him." Maia said. "Please don't tell to anyone." She added. "Anyone you choose I accept." Chris said. "Aw, thank you." Maia said. "I mean we're still teenagers, just relax." Chris advice. "Wow, I didn't know you were expert." Maia said. "I learn for the best." Chris said.
  Maia giggled. "Let's go there, I'm thirsty." Maia said pointing to a western inn. They were in and saw a friendly half demon, goat, and a snake tail. "Well hello there." He said in a weird western accent.
  "Names Wally." He said shaking hands. "Oh we're really thirsty. Do you mind." Maia said. "Of course you can." Wally said. "Thank you for the honor." Maia bowed. "You too madame." Wally said bowed too.
  A mascot touched him to asked, "where's my pay." It was actually a mascot of a cow. "Can you see I'm busy." Wally grump and puke fire from his mouth to the mascot till he melted to ash.
  Wally turned to Maia and Chris to asked, "where were we again." Maia and Chris widened their eyes. "Sorry, but we should go." Chris said as he stepped back. "I DIDN'T ASK YOU." Wally screamed. "Where were we lady." Wally's eyes began to be red.
  "We really should go." Maia said. "Nobody is leavin' this tavern." Wally said as he flew through the air and breath fire to Maia and Chris, which he miss.
  Chris pushed a table to him leaving a small scar. He roared and flew to him. Maia distract him with throwing wine bottles at him in the cashier. Walky breath fire at her and Maia duck.
  Wally turned seeing Chris gone. He look at his back and Chris slapped him with a pan. "Come on Maia." Chris said as he ran flee with Maia by his side. They closed the door before Wally reached them and nothing happen.
  The door melted and Wally went into the hole made by his fire. "RUN RUN RUN." Chris said and they went to a small café which they survived as Wally flew back.
  The cafe was empty, until they saw a group of fairies destructing the cafe. They were like big boys and punk style until the leader saw them. "Hey guys, see this." The leader began.
  "We want peace okay." Chris said. "You can have peace if you want." The leader grump as one of the fairies shoot peace from his mouth like a gun. "Duck." Maia said as Chris and her duck for safety.
  "What a winer babies." The leader said. As all the fairies pushed a shelf to Maia's and Chris's hiding place which it broke. "You can't escape now." The leader said. "Run again." Maia said.
  Maia and Chris began to run and Chris pushed a shelve in front of the fairies which they chased. Maia and Chris ran as hard as they can and the fairies, one pack gathered in a motorcycle and drive to chase the two mortals.
  The leader hunk a horn and all the punk fairies gathered and turn into a giant fairy made of fairies as big as a building. It ran hard which distract cars around.
  The giant fairy roared and Chris with Maia jumped from a bridge and splashed to a water, which the fairies gave up and flew to their normal selves.
  But then, a surprise happen. Maia's teacher who was a kelpie save them and bring them to land. Maia waked up and hugged him. "What are you doing here." Asked the teacher. "We wanna send this package to Mr. Grell. Now it's impossible. " Maia cried.
  "I know Mr. Grell." The teacher said. "Really. Thanks." Chris said. "You're very welcome." As the teacher grabbed the package and swam deep into the waters. "Mission complete."